Bittorrent Sync 1.3

RomanZ

About having two shared folders with the same name:

I don't think it's the best idea to add an option like 'View > Show full paths' or similar. It should do the right thing automatically.

Proposal:

Stick with the new foldername-only display, but automatically switch to full path display if two shares have the same name.

Example:

• { /home/John/shared_pictures, /home/Jane/shared_docs } displays as
    • shared_pictures
    • shared_docs
  • { /home/John/shared, /home/Jane/shared } displays as (for example)
    • 'shared' in /home/John
    • 'shared' in /home/Jane

What do you think? :)

Edited by dpx

Thanks for the new release, however for me personally the new user interface is a showstopper. I have serveral sync folders that all end with the same name. In the previous versions the full path was displayed and that was enough information for me. However with the new UI i cannot distinguish the folders without hovering over the devices this is problametic when 30ish devices are connected and some of the devices connect to multiple shared folders.

As a side note, the tooltips appear to be bugged. In some cases when the tooltip is displayed and sync is minimized, the tooltip remains.

As a side note, the tooltips appear to be bugged. In some cases when the tooltip is displayed and sync is minimized, the tooltip remains.

I can also confirm this behavior. It can also occur when switching between tabs using keyboard navigation:

To replicate:

1. Switch to the "Devices" tab
  2. Hover your mouse over a folder name in the "folder" column so that its full path is shown in a tooltip
  3. Whilst the tooltip is shown, press the Left or Right keys on your keyboard. Sync changes to either the "My Sync" or "Transfers" tab, however the previous tooltip persists on the screen

I installed 1.3.67 on a win 8 laptop, when I looked at the history tab it showed that the netbook in my office had deleted an entire folder from both PCs.

The netbook has 1.2.91.

I have not used the netbook in weeks, I don't know why it deleted the files.

I was able to recover them from the archive folder.

Can I send you log files to see what happened?

Hello,

Same Problem here. Two machines, both Win7-64. Updated the first from 1.2.91 to 1.3.67, after two hours the second, 1.2.91 to 1.3.67. Some hours later I saw, that, in one share, many files were deleted on both PC's, I'm lucky, they are in .syncarchiv of one of the machines. I have no idea why this happends, all files were on normal hard drives and, as far as I know, they are normal media-files.

Best regards Marco

Yes, I also seen the tooltip left hovering and not disappearing properly when you move around with cursor.

For that lingering tooltip, I get rid of it by opening the window in the same spot, go to the Devices tab, and then mouse over the folder names until it pops up a new one. The old, lingering label disappears, and then if you move the cursor along a safe path out past the app's window, the new tooltip will disappear, too.

Guest proactiveservices

About having two shared folders with the same name:

I don't think it's the best idea to add an option like 'View > Show full paths' or similar. It should do the right thing automatically.

Proposal:

Stick with the new foldername-only display, but automatically switch to full path display if two shares have the same name.

Alternatively, allow the user to give each share a name. Then they can choose the level of detail they prefer.

yes I have 1.3.67 installed, log_size 10

The folders were both on the hard drive on a partition using TrueCrypt.

No other files were deleted that I have noticed.

Any idea how I can get the log file down to 10 gig?

I don't want to remove and reinstall if that means I have to recreate all my syncs.

stop btsync and just delete the file. 

No-no-no!

Archive it (it should be packed well due to numerous repeating messages) and send to me for analysis :). After that you can stop btsync and delete it. And disable debug logging to stop it growing so rapidly.

I have been running 1.3.67 on 4 windows computers and a raspberry pi now, all syncing with each other, and this is the first version where all syncs actually completed! They used to be stuck at a couple of MB, so great job on that!

However, I can confirm that the rate_limit_local_peers doesn't seem to do anything anymore, where it worked before. It now rate limits local peers anyway, disregarding the setting's value.

And btsync also crashed two times on my raspberry pi so far. I have now enabled debug logging, so I'm waiting for the next crash, and hopefully I can send a dmp file with meaningful logs. Anyway I can easily solve that with a watchdog for now.