Sync Multiple Remote Clients To One Central Server

I'm looking for a software solution to get multiple remote clients to post data to one central server. BitTorrentSync would seem an obvious solution, however the documentation does not make it clear how to set this up, or indeed if it can be done. Note I don't want to use a single central server to post out to remote clients; it's the exact opposite of that. As the remote clients create or update files, these should be posted automatically to the central server. However the central server should never post out files to remote clients and remote clients should not, indeed must not communicate with themselves.

Can someone please advise if this configuration is achievable with BitTorrent Sync

Thanks, faeskene.

Yes, this can be done - you'll need to setup a separate Sync folder for each client on your "central server", and assign each one a read-only secret (with the corresponding full-access secrets given to each client respectively)

This will allow each client to sync (backup) to a dedicated folder on your "central server", but any changes made on the central server itself won't propagate back to clients, and client's will not communicate with each other as long as they each have separate secrets.

However, you don't mention just how many "clients" you propose to have connecting to your "central server" at any one time? If it's more than 50, Sync running on your central server won't be able to establish connections to them all simultaneously.

Yes, this can be done - you'll need to setup a separate Sync folder for each client on your "central server", and assign each one a read-only secret (with the corresponding full-access secrets given to each client respectively)

This will allow each client to sync (backup) to a dedicated folder on your "central server", but any changes made on the central server itself won't propagate back to clients, and client's will not communicate with each other as long as they each have separate secrets.

However, you don't mention just how many "clients" you propose to have connecting to your "central server" at any one time? If it's more than 50, Sync running on your central server won't be able to establish connections to them all simultaneously.

Why wont sync be able to establish connection to more than 50 "clients" at one time?

gregcaulder/koldkat - please see this thread.

Thanks for not actually answering the question. The link you provided still does not provide the answer. Let me rephrase the question to help you better understand I guess.

Why is the limit set to 50? would make sense that it would be an advanced parameter that i can be allowed to change it.

What were the realistic reason for setting it to 50?