1.3.77: Crash On Linux When Sync Folder In Under Symlink Directory

Szpadel

When Sync folder is under an symlinked directory btsync 1.3.77 crashes when starting with:

*** Error in `./bin/btsync': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00007ffcf82c7670 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x33b4e7548e]
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x33b4e7b1fd]
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x33b4e7bf66]
./bin/btsync[0x47643f]
./bin/btsync[0x4d7264]
./bin/btsync[0x4e10ef]
./bin/btsync[0x4dfad3]
./bin/btsync[0x4dffb5]
./bin/btsync[0x46e50a]
./bin/btsync[0x46e583]
./bin/btsync[0x4d3b13]
./bin/btsync[0x505758]
./bin/btsync[0x491bfc]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0[0x33b5608333]
/lib64/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d)[0x33b4eeb26d]

this configuration worked well with btsync 1.2.82

Loaded folder contains truncated path with real path

/home is symlink to /home-bulk

btsync loading folder: /home-bulk/ziomek/Sync/La instead of /home/ziomek/Sync/Laptop

Mhhh...

int physlen = sizeof("/home/ziomek/Sync/Laptop");printf ("Physical Length is: %i\n", physlen);// Physical Length is: 25// ...think about the trailing 0 ("\0")// now resolve the link and write it to the same buffer or to a buffer of the same size...char *newstr = pseudo_resolve_link("/home/ziomek/Sync/Laptop")printf ("Real path: %s\n", newstr);// Real path: /home-bulk/ziomek/Sync/Laptopchar szTemp[256];memset (szTemp, 0, sizeof(szTemp));strncpy (szTemp, newstr, physlen);printf ("Et voila: %s\n", szTemp);// Et voila: /home-bulk/ziomek/Sync/Laprintf ("Length: %i\n", strlen(szTemp));// Length: 25// (the same as physlen)
Maybe the symbolic link resolver does it in-place (and maybe overwrites also other memory?)...

Since the resolved is cut exactly at the physical length of the name of the symbolic link, I suppose that you are right. I think that the developers have added the resolving of symbolic links later, but forgot to allocate a new memory location for the result...