Folder Not Sync Entirely

sachben

There are no limits imposed by Sync on the number of sub folders which can be synced - please see "Is there a limit on the number/size of files I can sync?" in the Unofficial FAQ.

However, do bear in mind that Sync can't sync files which are currently open/locked/in use by other applications, and won't sync files/folders which match any exclusion rules you may have in your .SyncIgnore file.

Thank you. I do not understand where the problem comes from. The properties of the main folder say that there are 62.590 files for 25,85 Go.  In the BitTorrent Sync application, only 24158 files are synced (11 Go). 

The files are not used by another application (at least this is what it seems).

The SyncIgnore files is a follows :

# .SyncIgnore is a UTF-8 encoded .txt file that helps you specify single files, paths and rules 
# for ignoring during the synchronization job. It supports "?" and "*" wildcard symbols.
#
#
# OS generated files #
.DS_Store
.DS_Store?
._*
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes
ehthumbs.db
desktop.ini
Thumbs.db

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Many thanks,
Edited by sachben

Thank you. I do not understand where the problem comes from. The properties of the main folder say that there are 62.590 files for 25,85 Go.  In the BitTorrent Sync application, only 24158 files are synced (11 Go).

File/Folder counts will differ between those reported by your OS and those reported by Sync, as Sync doesn't take into account files in .SyncArchive, or the .SyncID/.SyncIgnore files, or files which it can't access (insufficient permissions).

What sort of files are you trying to Sync? ...and what OS are you on?

For example, if you're on Windows with an NTFS formatted drive, and you're trying to sync an entire drive/volume, Sync most likely won't be able to access /Recycled, /System Volume Information, and other hidden/protected/system files/folders - which would result in differing file/folder counts in Sync to those reported by your operating system.

Most files are word or pdf or xls files.  The environment is 100% Mac which all runs OS X Server 10.9.2. I am syncing between the macmini server which is in my office and my Imac which is at home.

There are a lot of subfolders missing and some folders synced are incomplete.