Apelsin

Bug And Repro: Only First Sync Works, Requires Restarting Bt Sync

Recommended Posts

I recently abandoned SASS file synchronization in preference of DIY solutions, namely ownCloud and BitTorrent Sync, the latter of which I prefer for its design. I got excited about this and so I set it up on a few of my devices and everything was going just fine with new directories I made for trying things out. I felt ambitious and decided to sync a bunch of my existing files (for which I'd previously used GoodSync across devices).

 

I was synchronizing my pictures folder when I noticed that after the first sync, BT Sync wouldn't continue to update files. I tried fiddling with the folder and advanced settings and I wasn't getting anywhere so I turned on debug logging...to no avail. Nothing stood out and nothing looked like the source of the problem.

 

Then I remembered something: I'd moved a bunch of my pictures from my Mac system onto my (almost exclusively) Windows systems. Windows has restrictions on what characters are allowed in file names and Mac OS has none to my knowledge.

 

Long story short, I ended up renaming two offending files:

 

  1. >@3.jpg
Edited by Apelsin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.