Extended Attributes Now Supported - Details?

Seems that the default list of xattrs mentioned in the KB and this thread has changed. It no longer syncs FinderInfo, and a few others. The default is now only:

com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags

com.apple.ResourceFork
com.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderComment

I am only syncing between OS X Yosemite clients, and I would like to make sure that all folders sync as many xattrs as possible, excepting any that are detrimental. Specifically, I like to set alternative folder icons and I'd like these to be synced rather than having to set them again on every client.

But I have about 10 folders shared, and even just updating the white list to include the required xattr is somewhat annoying. I don't even know what is the required xattr for folder icons? Why can't StreamsList be set to allow all by default with exceptions that are ignored, rather than a white list? Alternatively, it'd be nice to be able to set the StreamsList as a global device/client setting instead of a folder/share setting. If the device is capable of using the specified xattrs, then all shared folders should sync them.

@mrmachine

Many of MacOS streams are computer-specific and are not valid on other computers. The FinderInfo is a good example - if synced, every Mac is going to fix it is only valid for one computer - which forces Sync to transfer it again and again. You still can allow synchronization of all streams by putting "*" into SyncStreams, though it is not recommended.

For the setting a global list of Streams - it sounds like a feature request. Mention it here so it won't be lost.

@mrmachine

Many of MacOS streams are computer-specific and are not valid on other computers. The FinderInfo is a good example - if synced, every Mac is going to fix it is only valid for one computer - which forces Sync to transfer it again and again. You still can allow synchronization of all streams by putting "*" into SyncStreams, though it is not recommended.

For the setting a global list of Streams - it sounds like a feature request. Mention it here so it won't be lost.

If I allow all streams to sync with "*", can I then subsequently negate some streams with a more specific rule? Much like Synching allows a more general match to be negated by a more specific one with a preceding "!". This would allow users to choose either whitelist or blacklist behaviour. E.g.

# whitelist, only sync streams listed below

com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags

com.apple.ResourceFork
com.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderComment%

# blacklist, sync all streams except any negated below
!com.apple.FinderInfo