Sync Not Updating From Ios. Upgrade Versions On Linux

I'm running 1.1.82 on a Linux Mint machine. I have been trying to troubleshoot why an iOS device, which doesn't hit my LAN every day, would have trouble updating. Its my understanding that the device doesn't have to be on the LAN, is that incorrect?

One of the troubleshooting steps I've seen is to use the most up to date version of the desktop software on the server side, however mine says that 1.1.82 is the newest version, but the web site says that 1.3.80 is the latest version. I can't find the correction instructions on how to upgrade to the new version. Can anyone help with that (and why an iOS device may not sync consistently?)

justlikekevin,

Device should not be necessary on LAN. It can connect over internet as well, if your iOS device has access to Internet by any means. Could you please describe if your Mint PC sees iOS device in the table as connected?

The latest available version for desktop is 1.3.80 indeed, while it is 1.3.25 for iOS. The upgrade on Linux machine is rather straightforward: you need to upgrade the binary only.

justlikekevin,

Couple of things to check:

1. Make sure that your iOS device is connected to either LAN where your Linux Mint sits, or has live connection to internet.

2. Make sure that BTSync is active application on iOS as it won't sync in a background due to iOS limitations.

3. If you are on LAN - make sure that your Mint machine has LAN discovery turned on in BTSync folder properties

4. If you try to sync over Internet - make sure that Mint machine has tracker server enabled in BTSync folder properties, also make

sure that TCP/UDP outgoing port 3000 is enabled on your router.

5. If your Linux PC has several NICs - try disabling all of them except one (there might be an issue with discovery of BTSync in LAN if PC has multiple network interfaces)

Most likely it is some connectivity issue, as you don't see your iOS in devices list on Mint PC. If all of the above does not help - I'll need debug logs from both iOS and Linux PC.

For iOS - just send a feedback (app need to be up and running trying to contact your Linux for several minutes) and agree to send logs, plus put a link to the forum topic in feedback form).

For Linux - instructions are here.