sebneu

Merge: Failed To Verify Group Signature Of Files Message, Aborting

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

 

I have 3 clients sharing the same Folder: 2 linux clients and one windows cilent.

 

While the two linux clients sync perfectly the windows client does not sync anymore. I started the debugging on the windows client and see that the syncing stops with the an error.

 

[2014-04-06 17:19:43] Merge: Local file FILE1 older (1396202843) than remote (1396209046)
[2014-04-06 17:19:43] Merge: Local file FOLDER1 is older (1396202650) than remote (1396796413)
[2014-04-06 17:19:43] Merge: Local file FOLDER2 is older (1396205645) than remote (1396209465)
[2014-04-06 17:19:43] Merge: Local file FILE2 is older (1396202647) than remote (1396796413)
[2014-04-06 17:19:43] Merge: failed to verify group signature of files message, aborting
[2014-04-06 17:19:43] State sync finished for folder \\?\D:\sync
 

 

Any idea how I can find the error? Some of the files listed above do not exist on any of the folders above? Is there a corrupt file on the linux folder or in the databases? 

 

I updated all clients to 1.3.80 but the error persists.

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Regards

sebneu

Edited by sebneu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  denis4inet

 

thank you for willing to help.

Is there any way I can send you the logs without making them readable to the public?

 

Regards

sebneu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right-click BTSync icon in the system tray on Windows machine, choose Send Feedback. Please put the reference to forum topic. When you get the auto-response from our ticket system, you can reply with attached logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sebneu - Do you get an answer to your issue?

 

I'm having the same problem between my Linux NAS and Windows PC.

Edited by th3bar0n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

th3bar0n: yes, the support (I think it was denis4inet - see comment above) helped to find the problem and said they will fix it.

 

What happened? I had some files which had a wrong encoding. At some stage I renamed those files on a linux machine and this was the problem.

 

This is how I understood the problem: since the encoding was wrong the old entries in the database were not deleted. But the new entries were added. Thus there were entries for not existing files.

 

What I did to get it fixed: I deleted the whole directory from btsync and added it with a new key. Thus the db was recreated. I did this for all other devices. Btsync still recognized identical files. A complete resync between the devices was not necessary. As I said above I had more than 100G shared on 3 devices. A complete resync would have been annoying but was not necessary.

 

Regards and Good Luck

sebneu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sebneu - Thank you for your reply.

 

Finally tracked my issue down to a picture file with a messed up modified date (came up as 2097 on linux and 1961 on windows!).

 

Out of 14,000 files it was a bit of a needle in a haystack but all syncing happily now :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.