Syncs To Where? Possible Security Breach?

Merk7

I have using BT for months to sync two large Document folders on two computers. It has worked great.  But . . . .

Today, I noticed that BT on Computer 1 was transferring data (as reflected under both Transfer and History), even though there it showed "no connected devices."  The files being transferred were not showing up on Computer 2. Computer 2 showed "no connected devices" and no transfer activity or history.

So where are the files from Computer 1 going? Should I concerned about a security breach or that a third party is grabbing my files?

Thanks for your help.

Merk

Hi Merk,

That's pretty surprising. As soon as some peer is detected with the same share - it immediately appears in the devices list. It simply cannot happen in other way: as soon as peer connects to the tracker server, tracker will let other know at least - it's IP and port to get connected - and other peers will display it.

Also, remoter peer's name is displayed in Transfers tab and in History (see sample screenshots):

eIvPxNq.png

kJasA4N.png

Also, you can turn on debug logs  and see which peers are connected to your one. I would appreciate if you can share the logs and screenshots for your case.