Bittorrent Sync Not Syncing Via Ethernet, Though Wi-Fi Works Fine.

BitTorrent Sync must be locked into a mobile mentality... I was unable to get my Android media hub, which I connect to via ethernet working with BitTorrent Sync for hours, until I finally decided to enable Wi-Fi.

Enabling and disabling "Use mobile data" had no effect, but because that setting was there I figured somewhere in the code, there was a check for Wi-Fi and/or mobile connectivity.

Note, none of the many other apps which use networking have a problem with an ethernet-only device, and that includes Dropbox, Pandora, Rhapsody, and a host of email clients.

I'll assume this issue will get addressed and fixed at some point in the future, because more and more non-mobile Android devices are appearing, and obviously syncing over ethernet is orders of magnitude faster than Wi-Fi.

@willielassiter,

Could you please try to play with "Mobile internet"? Usually it helps to enable ethernet on devices running Android which has no mobile data but has ethernet instead. Also, which changing the setting - give BTSync couple of minutes as it might take a while to pick up new adapter.

As I stated previously, I tried enabling and disabling the "Use mobile data" option, and when ethernet is enabled and wifi disabled, syncing does not work.

As an aside "Use mobile data" is not an appropriate option for a set top/desktop type device.

Clearly, there is something in your code that gives wifi preferential treatment, and that's just wrong is the world of today's and tomorrow's Android devices..