Constant Freezing

siulas

Hya,

I've just installed BTSync on Windows 8 (not 8.1) PC. It seems that btsync just constantly keeps freezing and I can't figure out what is happening. If I pause syncing it doesn't freeze up, but as soon as I start it again it just freezes. I was reading through forums and was expecting this to be common problem, but it doesn't seem like it is...

@siulas,

Under "freezing" - do you mean that UI becomes unresponsive? Does windows says "this application stopped responding" in the windows caption? How CPU load behaves when btsync freezes - does it peaks or stays the same?

Which version of BTSync do you use? If it is older than 1.3.87 - I suggest upgrading, as at least one such issue was fixed in the past. If you use 1.3.87 or newer - it looks to be some other issue which we'll need to debug.

Hi,

Basically after couple seconds after I start it it just goes to "not responding" state. CPU usage does increase by 20%.

I am using latest version.

As well as that if I go to Analyze btsync.exe wait chain I see message in there "one or more threads of btsync.exe are waiting to finish network i/o"

Any thoughts on what could be happening would really help, as btsync is only application I'm having these problems with.

Edited by siulas