Mac Doesn't Correctly Report Needs To Peer Devices

jpf321

I have a small swarm with mainly windows machines running btsync 1.3.8+, a synology NAS and a single Mac OSX 1.9.2 running btsync 1.3.94. Perhaps it's a display bug in the devices tab on all windows machines (and linux webgui) but Mac always shows that it needs the entire sync load when in reality it has fully sync'd. It never reports that the sync is complete. All other machines and versions display properly in devices tab. The mac behaves properly in and of itself, just reports/displays incorrectly on all peers. 

Anyone else with this problem? 

jpf

@jpf321,

To which peer Mac wants to upload whole bunch of data? Most likely it did not manage to merge the file tree with that peer, that's why Mac shows that it wants to upload whole bunch of files.

It is not only cosmetic - as it indicates some issue in communications between Mac and that peer. I suggest collecting Mac's and "that peer"'s log and submitting a support ticket.

Actually .. it's not that the mac wants to SEND data .. from the mac's POV, it's all done and sitting idle .. moreso, its the fact that ALL peers seem to think that mac still NEEDS the data. It is true of ALL windows peers and synology linux peer. They all believe (at least report in display) that the mac still NEEDS the data. They aren't trying to send the mac the data and nor is the mac actually requesting the data..I attachd below a quickie shot of the synology screen for that mac .. meanwhile the screenshot above of the mac being all sync'd up is still valid and reflects current state. The mac iS ALL SYNC'd the peers just don't display that it is. 

Certainly this can't be the case only for me. Unless it is only my single mac which is having the issue .. do no other mac users have this issue? 

2014-04-24_1551.png