No Webui At All

igordata

Hi.

I'm playing with btsync for a couple of days.

For a while I used webui, but now it's not working. I don't know why.

I've set permissions 777 for "sync" folder. Webui.zip is in it. Owner and group are "btsync", user for daemon is "btsync" too.

I have tried to change port or IP to listen for webui. No effect. Firewall is disabled.

Any ideas? =(

Config:

{   "device_name": "CentOS.mini",  "listening_port" : 43030,  "storage_path" : "/var/lib/btsync/sync",  "pid_file" : "/var/run/btsync/btsync.pid",  "check_for_updates" : true,   "use_upnp" : true,  "download_limit" : 0,                         "upload_limit" : 0,   "webui" :  {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "login" : "admin",    "password" : "****"  },  "shared_folders" :  [    {      "secret" : "****",      "dir" : "/var/backup",      "use_sync_trash" : false,      "known_hosts" :      [        "192.168.1.2:43030"      ]    }  ]}

I attached debug log without any mentioning about "8888" port or "webui", or just "ui". 

I do not understand what I am doing wrong. And debug log provide no info about config file and its errors.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thanks!

debug.log.zip

As Harold mentions, the WebUI is disabled because you've defined shared folders in your config file.

The config file overrides the WebUI, therefore, removing the "shared_folders" section from your config file will then allow you to access the WebUI, where you'll be able to add your sync folders there.

• 2 months later...

Is this a feature or a bug?

Why is it not possible to have both 'shared_folder' and 'webui' enabled together? I can think of at least 1 use case where I would like to have both.

Let said I want some of my machines have a predefined key to sync down all of the files, and maybe some guys can login to the webui and check the content once a while, and maybe write a little script to use the Btsync API from the web endpoint?

http://www.bittorrent.com/sync/developers/api

As Harold mentions, the WebUI is disabled because you've defined shared folders in your config file.

The config file overrides the WebUI, therefore, removing the "shared_folders" section from your config file will then allow you to access the WebUI, where you'll be able to add your sync folders there.