Prioritize Transfers

mcleaver

I note that SyncApp seems to be doing a great job of syncing, but not all the time. E.g. one video file is enough to stop all other transfers. I want to keep my docs synced as first priority, but also to ensure that the video folders on both my main machines are in sync. But the docs are more important and I would like them updated before worrying about the GBs of videos or music or movies. It would be great if there was a way to prioretize transfers?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's great that the folder rescan time is now configurable as of 1.1.15 but I'd very much like to see that as a per-folder instead of the global setting. For instance, I wouldn't mind if it rescans the folder stored on my system SSD every 10 minutes as it never goes to sleep anyway and being up to date is a priority there. For my media library stored on external HDD array, on the other hand, I'd set it to rescan not more often than, say, 12 hours as it takes painfully long time to wake the thing up and I don't mind at all being few hours behind with this data.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I synchronise directories (UK to Asia) which are continually being added to. A useful addition for me would be the ability to prioritise files by filename (template). e.g. All files matching certain templates would be put at the top of the queue for synchronisation on a continuous, or at least regular basis.

Otherwise fantastic piece of software and really useful.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd love to have a way to prioritize syncing. I'm currently syncing/backing up files between 3 computer/locations. This would be fine if I was starting from scratch, but I'm not. I'm syncing just over a terabyte of files. 

I picture(in my mind) a bittorrent-style upload/download page with all the files being synced. Then I'd be able to see/rearrange the order of the sync, as well as pause, sync, unsync, or ignore other files. 

Any way we could make this happen? Please? Other than that small gripe, it's been amazing!

Edited by stevegavrilles

• 3 months later...

Priorytize some files in the queue is essential to me. I have people sending me smaller (important files) and huge (less important) files. i allways have to instruct clients to follow the right order to place the files in the folder but sometime i have to wait a few hours until the big file is done syncing so i can access the smaller one. 

• 1 month later...

I wish I could control the sync order

I am findng, because some of my files are large, the small files don't sync for a long time.

I would liketo be able to set the sync order from smallest > largest so the smallest files sync first.

I think it should be easy to choose your prefered sync order, based on file size, modify date, or file name.

Cheers and thanks for the great work

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I think a file similar to .syncignore could be used for this.

Perhaps .syncpriority containing:

#normal sync order - eg syncorder [name, size, time] [asc,desc]#

syncorder time desc

#files to prioritise - these files will sync before anything else except 0 which goes last - eg prioritise [0-3] [filename]

# supports wildcards "?" and "*". Higher numbers sync first. All files default to priority 1 unless matched.

prioritise 2 *.txt

prioritise 3 *urgent*

prioritise 0 *notimportant*

• 5 months later...

A nice feature will be to have control over what files are synchronized first.

I sync a lightroom catalog with one big file and a lot of other small files. My problem is that sometimes I move from my laptop to my desktop and open the unsynced big database file because my laptop is off or it was not connected to the internet enough time for the sync to complete.

A lot of programs create a .lock file and checks if its there when you try to open and locks you if that file is there, lightroom also creates one but if I close the catalog on my laptop that file is deleted before the big file is synced.

A solution to my problem is to have the ability to set the priority of the files that are synced.

This may have many uses, sync documents before multimedia files, any many others.

Thank you.

Edited by sbp

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I'm starting to love Resilio.

But I have an small question, how can I set priorities for my syncs?

I have 10 Folders, every folder is shared with own key.

I have in some folders a lot of information (200GB, 100GB or 450GB).

I have 1 folder very small (100MB) and every day at 6pm I add a new file with 3MB, no a lot, but this folder is the maximum priority.

And sometimes sync so faster, for example I get the new file at 6:02PM that's so wolderfull. But sometimes take many hours.

On uTorrent we have the priority level for torrents and for files under the torrent.

I want something like that.

How can I do this on Resilio?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Check On if there is any headway on prioritizing files smallest to largest. I deal with a lot of video files, but sometimes I just need a small patch file or some other small file and it get's stuck behind a 500GB file.

Dropbox seems to have the prioritization down smallest to largest. It even has a button to pick which file gets synced next. I wish Resilio did. 😔

rEvFhi.png