Android Notes Apps

bkhl

Hello, now that I have BitTorrent Sync on my Android phone I'm looking for a note taking app that can take the place of the Dropbox-integrated one I used to use. In other words I need one that just saves text files in a regular directory. Has anyone found one that works well for that?

I've tried them all, and the one I've found that suits me best is Jota Text Editor:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/jota-text-editor/jp.sblo.pandora.jota

I think several others will work fine; it's a matter of the kind of user interface you want. I open text files inside sync folders from my file browser (Solid Explorer), and they open in Jota. Right after I save, they sync in the expected way.

With Dropbox, I frequently had 20-second latency opening even the smallest text files on my phone, probably due to the location of Dropbox's servers far from my networks. Even a file opened a minute ago would take 30 seconds to re-open. Real dealbreaker there, that and the whole Snowden thing.