[Solved] Some Files Are Not Indexed - (R/o). Skipping

memfiz

Hi,

I'm using btsync 1.3.94 on Ubuntu 14.04.

NTFS USB hard drive is mounted and btsync synhronizes some folders on that HDD. Recently I've added some new files and noticed that btsync just ingnores them. Debug shows that files are skipped:

[20140505 17:35:08.588] SyncFilesController[file updated]: New file "/media/brand/My Passport/sunduk/foto/original/2013/20130709/ph/DSCN2075_20130714_124852.JPG" (R/O). Skipping

I suspect that it can be NTFS partition issues, but the question is, what does (R/O) means? Read only? Files are not read only.

Partition is mountes as rw and I can delete them. Btsync is run with correct user rights.

/dev/sdb1 on /media/brand/My Passport type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)

In what situations does that message appear?

Thanks in advance,

M.

but the question is, what does (R/O) means? Read only? Files are not read only.

No, but is the secret you're using for that folder in Sync a "read only" secret, rather of a full access one?

If a folder is added to Sync with a "read only" secret, changes made to that folder will be ignored and not synced to your other devices.