Repeated Sync Of Excel Files

I have a number of excel files on my computer that are constantly syncing, despite the file being unchanged. I sync to a read-only version on a remote desktop that I control, so I am fairly sure the issue is on "my" end. In my experience this is only happening with excel files. I made sure the timestamp was updated, having seen that cause problems for other users on the forum.

This is an instance from the error log. It will occur repeatedly, sometimes preceded by a "ping" or a "Extension:" line.

[2014-05-11 14:11:12] Torrent \\?\C:\Users\******.xls status:137 error:<NULL> meta:1 conns:0 io:0

[2014-05-11 14:11:12] Force unloading torrent \\?\C:\Users\*******.xls

A "137 error: <NULL>" message isn't actually an error, and can safely be ignored.

Do you have the particular Excel files open in Excel by any chance? ...if you close Excel does the problem go away?

Remember, Sync can't sync files when they are open/locked/in use by other applications!

Ok, check the folder(s) on each device you're syncing for the presence of any .!sync, .SyncPart or .SyncTemp files - if you come across any, exit Sync on all your devices, then delete these files, and restart Sync on all your devices.

If Sync had got "stuck" somewhere, deleting any .!sync, .SyncPart, or .SyncTemp files (when Sync isn't running) on your devices usually resolves the issue.

GreatMarko: Thanks for your help yesterday, but in fact that did not solve the problem, the files started repeatedly syncing again after a little while.  I went on the read-only machine and found a (potentially) more helpful log error messages:

[2014-05-12 12:12:36] Torrent \\?\C:\Users\*****.xls status:152 error:Files missing from job. Please recheck. meta:1 conns:0 io:0

[2014-05-12 12:12:36] [OnNotifyFileChange] \\?\C:\Users\*****.xls.!sync, source = NULL

Any idea what would be causing this for a series of files?

• 1 month later...

Similar issue with excel files -- the same 5 files would not sync from the Windows machine to 3 Linux machines.  When I tried copying over the files by hand, btsync would replace the actual files with the empty !sync versions.

The 137 status diverted my attention from the obvious -- the problem was more likely coming from Windows than from btsync.  

I opened each excel file, made trivial changes (added spaces) and resaved the file.  btsync correctly synced all files right away.

• 5 months later...