Sync Backup Only Refreshing Upon "pause->Resume" Or "disconnect/connect" Network

nivis

Hi

I've setup backup of the DCIM folder of my Android phone to a home server. However, no files are sent to the server if I don't manually either pause then resume the backup, or disconnect then connect to the wireless network.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards, Karl

Thanks for your reply!

To answer your question: they do. Both phone and server see each other. When taking a picture, however, it doesn't get uploaded to the server if I don't choose Pause in the Android app and then choose Resume, whereupon the picture (more or less) immediately gets uploaded. It also works to first disable and then enable the wireless connection on the phone. Restarting the Android app also will lead to the picture getting uploaded.

Edited by nivis

It is running in the background, although giving it more time is not solving the problem (tried waiting for a day). I've been doing some more checking though, and I now see that the Android device disappears from the server device list after some time, so maybe it's a problem with the process on the phone. It still doesn't explain why the sync doesn't work when the devices Can actually see each other, though.

Karl,

There are 2 things bound to the time delay on Android devices:

- "auto-sleep" feature intended to save power if no actual transfers are ongoing, it is enabled by default and it forces the Sync core to sleep and check if there are any data for sync only once per 30 minites

- "full folder rescan" feature - rescans folder every 10 minutes (only if core is not sleeping) to detect changes in the files if Android OS did not sent change notification by some reason.

According to your description this is not the case.

I suggest collecting logs for analysis. Let's start from the Android device: make sure that you've placed new file and wait for 10 minutes - after that tap "Feedback" and agree to send logs. Please put also reference to this Forum topic in the message subject.

• 7 months later...