Modifying Large Directory Structure On Arm Causes Crash And Requires Full Reset.

benguild

If I move a bunch of small files out of a sync folder with a deep directory structure, a syncing ARM device (even if it's read only) will crash and the only way to get it to work again is to dump all of the data and reset the entire BitTorrent Sync setup.

(essentially rm -rf the data folder with the settings.dat, etc. — and the sync folders themselves)

it's kind of bizarre because downloading a fresh copy of everything works, but I've noticed consistently that it can't handle very deep directory structures or major changes.

crashes after a bunch of "incorrect metadata" or "missing file" messages (sometimes with or sometimes without a "Received shutdown request via signal 2" at the end of the log), and then crashes during "loaded folder" in all subsequent reboots.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that this consistently happens and it wasn't just a one-time thing. Running the latest .94 release