Removed Files Keep Being Readded/updated.

uffowich

Hi!

Since of lately, I think with the latest update to V1.3.94, I'm having problems with removing files from one computer, the one that received the files. The other computer, the one the files were originally added on, keeps re-adding them. It sais in the log that the other client removed the files, and shortly after it sais it updated the same file.

I've made sure that it's the full-access link, and not the read-only that I'm using, but it acts like it is.

Also, some files are deleted as they should, but it seems it's having problems with larger files, like 1GB+ files.

But on the other hand, last time I did a check, I used small files too, and they were re-added also.

Anybody else with this kind of problem?

could it be that the two computers are using truecrypt? One with truecrypt containers, and one with system-encryption?

Many thanks for any input.

uffowich, 

Is option to preserve modification timestamps enabled on the one with TC containers? 

So, the other PC has a TC volume mounted and folders syncing from it? What file system is it? Is it possible for you to format it as NTFS? 

Yes, all settings are default on the W8 with the containers, and on the system-encrypted W7 it's NTFS. The BTSync folder is on another drive that is also encrypted as a volume. No container, but the whole disk.

And it's not that it ALWAYS failes to delete, but it seems that if I move a lot of files from the syncfolder to another drive, then it's more likely to fail, than if I just delete one single file or something.

Edit: NEVER -> ALWAYS! (lol)

My team has had a similar situation last days:

One member was currently extracting data from a large 7zip archive (consisting of several files) in a shared folder and another deleted these files the same time at his btsync client.

The effect was that all files every deleted at all clients except at the member's site currently accessing these files with 7zip. After the extraction this client started to re-synchronize these files again to the other clients sharing this folder.

Just in case someone is interested how to reproduce this scenario. Most of us use 1.3.105, Windows and ARM platform.

• 7 months later...

I replied to another topic with the same problem, but now I find my OWN topic, hehe...

Well, problem is still there, but I've left Truecrypt behind a long time ago. Both machines W7 Pro, and same problem is still there, the files keeps getting re-added and re-downloaded, over and over. Same file can be deleted many times, and it keeps getting added.

Please look into this again.

Thanks.

Version - 1.4.103 Beta