[Fixed] Failed To Create Empty Suffix For File

guigolum

Hello it's me again.

I sill have some issues (while it's been a while since I had to complain)

edit : fixed with:

dpkg-reconfigure btsync

select run as : root/root

I have a internet box whith NAS function. So I started d/l my 100GB music on this NAS, using btsync 1.3.93 on my laptop with ubuntu 14.04 x86-64

I downloaded some 30 GB before I received my raspberry pi, for the sole purpose of handling this task. I just installed raspbian on it, it is working very good.

HOWEVER I installed btsync, using the repository available for my Pi, and after reindexing the files, it started downloading the missing GB.

It's not doing anything actually, and the log files contain several of this two-line error (actuallyone for each file remaining  to download) :

[20140521 22:15:51.129] TorrentFile: Failed to create empty suffix for file "/media/freebox/Musiques/flac/Poncho Sanchez/1999 - Latin Soul/02 - Ven Pa Bailar.flac" - 13
[20140521 22:15:51.130] SyncFilesController: failed to load torrent for file "/media/freebox/Musiques/flac/Poncho Sanchez/1999 - Latin Soul/02 - Ven Pa Bailar.flac"

I tried to restart the daemon, but as soon as it is ready it spams those errors.

Am I supposed to delete the full NAS directory to get my files back ?

I made a sudo chmod a+rwx -R in the mounted directory but this does not work.

Edited by guigolum

OK, I wrote over the new bin (arm 1.3.105)

I still have those errors, but the gui says it's downloading the files at a correct rate, so I assume it's good.

[20140521 23:23:09.534] TorrentFile: Failed to create empty suffix for file "/media/freebox/Musiques/mp3/Les Wriggles/2002 - ah bah ouais mais bon/01 - pourquoi ? (Les Wriggles, ah bah ouais mais bon).mp3" - 13
[20140521 23:23:09.536] SyncFilesController: failed to load torrent for file "/media/freebox/Musiques/mp3/Les Wriggles/2002 - ah bah ouais mais bon/01 - pourquoi ? (Les Wriggles, ah bah ouais mais bon).mp3"

I was too fast, the problem is still present in this version.

d/l stalled, log still flooded of errors

hmm … made another chmod a+rwx -R and it's working. I feel like lost.

BTW, the webui stopped eating a whole CPU (on firefox)

ok so what is happening now :

The daemon starts downloading files (I checked it, new files are downloaded)

However it gradually reduces its download speed

When I check the log, I have 4 kinds of messages :

- [20140522 13:54:55.866] /media/freebox/Musiques/flac/Tryö/2008 - Ce que l'on sème/11 - Le temps.flac: Piece 676 complete
 - [20140522 13:58:06.789] SyncFileEntry: Failed to write attributes for file /media/freebox/Musiques/flac/Rodrigo y Gabriela/2006 - Rodrigo Y Gabriela/05 - Ixtapa.flac - 1

- the previous two

When the transfer rate is low, I can make a sudo chmod a+rwx -R and it works

I assume the program tries to specify the attributes, which are overwritten by my mount options

/media/freebox cifs _netdev,user=guest,sec=none,rw,users,iocharset=utf8,uid=1000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,exec

Maybe I should change those mount options ? It's strange because I had no problem before (fro mmy ubuntu laptop)

I think I got it.

Since I was forcing the user and the file mode on my mount options, this prevented thde btsync daemon from cvhanging their permissions (ie to set them as a+rw)

I ran dpkg-reconfigure btsync and selected the daemon to run as root/root.

from now on I don't have any error in the log file.

I was downloading lots of mp3 files and this requested a sudo chmod a+rwx -R every 5 minutes or so. I had a juicessh connection activated for this :/