Welcome To The New Sync For Nas Forum

In the past month BitTorrent is proud to have announced support for two NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices:

• QNAP
  • Netgear ReadyNAS

We are working hard to bring even more NAS devices in the near future.  Stay tuned for news on these upcoming releases in this forum.

As we develop our support processes for Sync, this will be the go-to place for troubleshooting and reporting bugs in these officially supported NAS packages.

Thanks for everyone's help in improving this product and assisting us with better clarity in how we can develop Sync to be even more powerful for your individual needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I have a question in the availability of the qpkg of the latest version of BitTorrent sync. On the Qnap site there is only a qpkg available of version 1.1.82. This is up and running, but as I do have some issues I would like to try a new version. I can only find soms details on manual installation, but I would rater not do that as my knowledge for this is possibly insufficient. 

Does anyone know if a qpkg file is available for the qnap with ARM processor or if it will be available any time soon?

Thank you,

Bernie

Bittorrent Sync has completely disappeared from the App Center on my QNAP NAS (TS-419P+), Firmware 4.07. It also does not appear on the QNAP support website under "App Center" in the "Backup/Sync" section.

Why is there no mention of BT Sync on the official QNAP website? This kind of makes me worry that Bittorrent Sync will no longer be supported by QNAP and/or no longer developed for this NAS. Or am I just being paranoid?

@iMaculate

Do not worry. Previously there was no officially supported package for QNAP. The one which was available was done by 3rd party. Our team is working hard to make and publish official package for QNAP, Netgear and bunch of other popular NASes.

Hi,

I have a question, I have btsync installed across many platforms all working great, however I have it installed on my QNAP server, I set up a shared using a secret key in the web browser.  It adds the folder just fine but then, where others start to calculate indexing and volumes of data the QNAP version does nothing.  Not sure if I'm missing something here, I've tried turning off the anti virus software that sits directly on the QNAP but this changed nothing.  On all other platforms I haven't had to change anything fancy it just works which is cool, would love to nail this one too.

Thank you in advance for any support.

BigB :) QNAP 268L 3TB btsync Version 1.3.94

Bittorrent Sync is running perfectly well on NAS4Free (FreeBSD 9.1 and 9.2). I wrote an extension for it > http://forums.nas4free.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5704&sid=bff403d20f48afb006a34ce5d31b5b85#p30737

For installation, configuration, maintenance, scheduling and log viewing.

A great advance would be https for the WebUI but beside of this it's an amazing piece of software !!!

Regard

crest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...