A Scheduler For The Mac?

Hi all,

I'm using btsync on my companies stationary Mac.

Because of the small Bandwidth here, I fiddled with the "Limit download/upload rate" settings, which worked quite well, after I figured out, that a restart of btsync is needed after every change.

So far, so good.

The Bandwidth should be limited at busines hours (say 8h-19h)

but unlimited after busines hours (say 20h-7h).

Is there any way I can accmplish that?

Is there somebody out there which has a similar scenario and migth have a solution for that issue?

Not Mac specific:

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/22472-set-a-schedule

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/29684-bandwidthsync-scheduling

You should consider contributing to this thread in the Feature Requests forum - whilst you say this thread is not "Mac specific", it's also not any any other particular OS-specific, as there is general interest in a "scheduler" for Sync regardless of the operating system. So adding your voice to that thread would be the way to go!

oh. thank you. I just not realized, that the mentioned thread was a wishlist.

I'll add my voice, but I'm not asking for a solution IMPLEMENTED in btsync, just a solution for the mac OSX.

I guess wished feature will not be implemented the next couple of months/years, so I'd like to have a workaround as soon as possible :)

I can imagine a solution like writing a script which stops btsync process nicely, changes the needed values in the btsync.conf (if there is a btsync.conf, I just don't know now) and starts the btsync process again.

something like that.

And I'd like to hear/read from some others here, if there might be some complications or other things I need to check first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RomanZ,

thanks for the hint with iCal. I wasnt aware, that users can use iCal to execute scripts as well.

Unfortunately, this feature isnt available on newer OSX installations, like Mountain Lion or Mavericks, which I use.

Also, there is a big drawback with using iCal: There are a couple of notable limitations to using iCal as a scheduling tool:
You must be logged in for the AppleScript to run.

As the Script obviously needs to run, when I'm not in front of the Mac (computer is running, but i'm not logged in), otherwise, I could do it manualy, the iCal way can't be used to run a scheduled job to change the bandwith limitation.

Anyways, there seems to be an alternative method with Automator's 'Calendar Alarm', but I did'nt get into that atm.