- Fixed issue with "#" symbol in the folder picker in WebUI

- Fixed issue with encrypted secret not displayed in WebUI

- Fixed issue with short / long path shown in WebUI

- Fixed LAN discovery issue when many folders and files are added to sync dirs

- Fixed continual indexing issue in certain cases

- Minor cosmetic fixes

Previous build change log.

Hi

I noticed that you have 2 different 1.3.106 (Windows) versions available for download. The first one is from the link in this post:

http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.3.106/BTSync-1.3.106.exe

This one is 3,020,136 bytes (3,022,848 on disk) - file version 1.3.106

However if I download the latest stable version from your stable DL link:

http://download-lb.utorrent.com/endpoint/btsync/os/windows/track/stable

This one is 3,023,976 bytes (3,026,944 on disk) - file version 1.3.106

Which is the final one and what's the difference? BTW, I noticed the same issue with 1.3.105.

Edited by Neinstein

Hi

I noticed that you have 2 different 1.3.106 (Windows) versions available for download. The first one is from the link in this post:

http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.3.106/BTSync-1.3.106.exe

This one is 3,020,136 bytes (3,022,848 on disk) - file version 1.3.106

However if I download the latest stable version from your stable DL link:

http://download-lb.utorrent.com/endpoint/btsync/os/windows/track/stable

This one is 3,023,976 bytes (3,026,944 on disk) - file version 1.3.106

Which is the final one and what's the difference? BTW, I noticed the same issue with 1.3.105.

True, what're the differences?

@Neinstein, @Frederick888,

Both files are good and produced by BitTorrent. The file on official download page contains one additional resource in its body which is responsible for displaying slightly different on-boarding screen (the initial screen after installation). No functional changes.

@Moe

They were intended to show in a short format. Thanks for the feedback.

@JimmyTheSaint

Got you, thanks for the feedback. I'll deliver it to new WebUI designers.

Why do u guys need to constantly create a new thread each time a new build is released?!?

If a new version was also released on the auto-update, I wouldn't care of this problem, but since that is not happening for the majority of the releases (only the big ones), now I have to remind me to enter the forum to see if there's a new thread of a new build...

I think it's better to have only one thread for all releases of Bitsync... or at least only a thread per major release of bitsync... it would be much better to track all the new releases... Each time a new version was release, only had to edit the thread name and the 1st post with changelog and some more info.

Time to choose, auto-update all versions or make a single thread for all versions!!!

@onesolo

Every version has it's own problems. I see no point in flushing all of them into hundred-pages-topic. Every release gets it's own topic.

As for the auto-update issue - it will be fixed soon. We plan to publish new version to the forum slightly (1-2 weeks) ahead of auto-update. So then you can rely on auto-update.

Updating the Macs to 1.3.106 went without a hitch.  I just installed over the top of the existing 1.3.106.

The DroboFS has 1.3.105 running on it.  It was installed using the procedure found here:

http://www.droboports.com/app-repository/btsync-1-0-132

The first time through, it installed 1.2.something.  It was noticed at the gui.

I reinstalled using the procedure in the link, but replaced btsync binary with 1.3.105, and patched permissions before launching the service.

DroboFS uses a common Framework for all of the DroboApps.  This can be seen in the link above.

My question now is this:  Now that I have 1.3.105 installed, can I just stop the service and replace the btsync binary in place?

Thanks 

Edited by BigCookie

Guest proactiveservices

Why do u guys need to constantly create a new thread each time a new build is released?!?

If a new version was also released on the auto-update, I wouldn't care of this problem, but since that is not happening for the majority of the releases (only the big ones), now I have to remind me to enter the forum to see if there's a new thread of a new build...

I use the "recently updated posts" link from time to time - I haven't missed an update thread yet. However, it would be quite good to have a "Current build" thread, and when a new build is created, that thread is moved to one for that particular version.

The DroboFS has 1.3.105 running on it.  It was installed using the procedure found here:

http://www.droboports.com/app-repository/btsync-1-0-132

My question now is this:  Now that I have 1.3.105 installed, can I just stop the service and replace the btsync binary in place?

Thanks 

I have a Drobo 5N and that is my script for updating the client on there via SSH

cd /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/btsync./service.sh stopmkdir -p etc data sbinwget -O btsync_arm.tar.gz http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.3.106/btsync_arm-1.3.106.tar.gztar zxf btsync_arm.tar.gzchmod a+x btsyncmv btsync sbin/rm btsync_arm.tar.gz/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/btsync/service.sh start

Hope this helps

We plan to publish new version to the forum slightly (1-2 weeks) ahead of auto-update. So then you can rely on auto-update.

My Windows 8.1 client is currently at version 1.3.94 (2 versions behind)

I'm happy for the auto-update (user is prompted to update version) to be like 1-2 weeks after it is posted to forum, but what I'm not happy about is that when I press "Check Now" I'm greeted with the message "Client version is up to date." only to check the forum to find I am more up to date version available, I am quite disgruntled to find I have to go through the process of updating my BT sync manually when I want the current release now.

If a newer version is published to the forum and I press "Check Now" I expect to be given the newest version available to download from the main page at that time. As it stands, that does not happen and it tells me I am up to date.

That is all

@acDCuk,

Please remember that Sync is presently in "beta". As such, not every new beta build is pushed via auto-update at present. This will change once Sync leaves beta, however, given the current "beta" nature of the software, it's better that new Beta builds have a limited release initially are not pushed out to everyone via auto-update the minute they become available.

Whilst the developers test each beta release "in house" first through their QA process, not "mass releasing" beta builds, but instead announcing them here to the forum readership in the first instance allow the developers to gauge the stability of each before deciding which should then be pushed to all users via auto-update.

FYI, there are no functional changes/new features between builds 1.3.94 and 1.3.106. Essentially, users for whom 1.3.94 is working perfectly fine have not been missing any "new features" by not knowing about 1.3.106.

If the team discover a major issue/bug, which could impact on a large percentage of users, of course an update will be pushed out to all users relatively quickly. However, in reality, the bugs that have been fixed between 1.3.94 and 1.3.106 are relatively uncommon "specific use" cases that won't impact on the vast majority of user's every day use of Sync, which is why these beta builds haven't been pushed via auto-update.

@moe. Thanks for the Drobo update script.

I know there is a hidden .syncignore file installed on the Mac version. I looked at the contents of it.

On the PDF files in my documents directory, it seems to be passing filename.pdf/apple.com.finderinfo. Do I really need to be syncing thar?

I know that is Apple metadata. I really just want to sync the content of the PDF.

Any problem with not syncing metadata?

What are most Mac users doing?

Thanks.

Dennis