Latest Desktop Build 1.3.106

RomanZ

@Devonavar

In certain cases BTSync was re-indexing files all the time. It has not relation to the syncing xattrs between MacOS and Linux. The xattrs issue is going to be fixed in upcoming major release 1.4. Please do not revert your exceptions in ignore list for now.

@Devonavar

In certain cases BTSync was re-indexing files all the time. It has not relation to the syncing xattrs between MacOS and Linux. The xattrs issue is going to be fixed in upcoming major release 1.4. Please do not revert your exceptions in ignore list for now.

For me it's still doing this... if I disconnect from Wi-Fi for even just 10 seconds when I reconnect it says it has to reupload entire folders and eventually cuts through the entire filesize to "synced" after like 20min... but in the process it's resending all of the small files that are too small for analysis vs. transfer.

Seems wasteful. Dropbox syncs instantly

@benguild

Sync does not send the file if the hash did not change. However, if the file is really small - the metadata for the file (hash, change time, etc.) might be greater than file. 

Sync calcs the hash tree for all the files and folders and only compares the top-hash to see if folders are out of sync. If they are - it has to check where trees are different. I wonder, how many files are synced in your case and what is the average file size?

Please also note, that Sync is in Beta and yet has a lot of areas for improvement.

Sync stalls after update, it downloads couple of files on start then just showing data pending, I enabled logs and getting lots of messages like this:

[2014-06-30 23:34:46] SyncFilesController: failed to load torrent for file "\\?\UNC\Seagate-music\Public\Music\All\As the Poets Affirm\As The Poets Affirm - 2004 - The Jaws That Bite, The Claws That Catch\01 - Snow-White Wings in the Bottom.mp3"

sync dir is on the mapped network drive.

Windows 8 refresh wiped out sync. Where is my list of synched folders stored?

I don't want to have to start from scratch.

You have to use some tool to recover deleted files. I recommend R-Studio

The sooner you do that, the more likely it is you will recover them.

Guest idef1x

Maybe I am overlooking it, but how can you see with this build if a connected device is direct or indirect/relayed?

I now only see a green arrow for upload and a blue one for download in the Linux-client web-gui?

@idef1x

BTSync shows nothing (earlier versions - icon of 2 arrows) if it managed to establish a direct connection. If connection goes thru a cloud - it shows cloud icon.

@vasaka

Actually BTSync should index your files once, and then check for changes every ~10 minutes. How many files/folders do you have Synced in general?

Since installing Windows build 1.3.106 on June 25th I have had 15 crashes (that's nearly daily) and each time I have been prompted with a request to send a dump file to the developers (which I have). This is new behaviour. I have not seen evidence of sync crashing on my Windows PC since August 2013 (build 1.1.69).

Is this a problem with 1.3.106 - I have now reverted to 1.3.105 looking to return sync to some stability