Something Weird Going On With Rate Limiting

Tommmii

2 windows machines on lan,

direct connection (arrows in front of device in devices tab),

rate limit local peers = true ,

download limits = 0,

upload limits from 1kB/s up to 1300kB/s are respected properly.

Upload limits > 1300kB/s result in an upload speed of 1300kB/s

Upload limit = 0 saturates the connection at 11MB/s

Does any one have an idea as to what could be going on ?

thx,

Tom.

Tommmii, 

Did you change limits to ">1300" after you tested 1-1300 without quitting BitTorrent Sync? If yes, try restarting the app after you changed limits. 

spYro,

not exactly. As it is enabled relay server in folder settings doesn't makes difference. It's the way devices are connected that matters. 

If they are connected directly (Tommmii has direct connection, as he said "arrows in front of device in devices tab"), limits are honored.

If they are connected via relay (cloud icon on tab 'Devices" instead of arrows) limits are not honored. And yes, this is a known issue. 

Tommmii, 

Did you change limits to ">1300" after you tested 1-1300 without quitting BitTorrent Sync? If yes, try restarting the app after you changed limits. 

spYro,

not exactly. As it is enabled relay server in folder settings doesn't makes difference. It's the way devices are connected that matters. 

If they are connected directly (Tommmii has direct connection, as he said "arrows in front of device in devices tab"), limits are honored.

If they are connected via relay (cloud icon on tab 'Devices" instead of arrows) limits are not honored. And yes, this is a known issue. 

Oh, thanks for that answer :)

So... our clients always have the cloud-icon.... But now i wonder why? They all should have direct access to each other... I will check that tomorrow and see, if i can get direct connections :D

@ Helen , the upload rate was set to 6000 and I noticed the actuel rate was 1300. I then quit btsync at both ends, and launched btsync again...no speed increase to the transfer rate.

After that I went experimenting...and found no solution.

SpYro , I had read your experiences with the relay servers and tried toggling that...no use.

win server 2008 R2 SP1

no security software.

win7 x86

K9 web protection, to limit internet browsing.

btsync uses the other machine's read-only secret.

I use the exact same setup at multiple locations. This one location is the only one with this symptom :-/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...