Indexing On Start And Files Showing Up With !sync

Hi!
We have 3 macs with the latest version of Bittorrent sync. 2 weeks ago I moved a folder with a lot of indesign, word doc and images to bittorrent sync folder. The new folder shows up with !sync in the filenames. I have tried re-adding the folders, but the other machines still sees the content of the folder with !sync in the filenames. 

Running latest bittorrent sync version and latest OS X Mavericks.

Also, my mac starts up indexing the entire sync folder everytime. Which takes a while since it containts 600GB and 70.000 files...how can I fix this issue?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

The !sync files are temporary files that haven't been synced completely. They should be replaced with real filenames once Sync completes. Did you give some time for Sync to finish its job?

Also - how do you know that Sync indexing entire folder all the time? Due to disk activity - or the "Indexing..." text never disappears?

Hi Tom,

The !sync files are temporary files that haven't been synced completely. They should be replaced with real filenames once Sync completes. Did you give some time for Sync to finish its job?

Also - how do you know that Sync indexing entire folder all the time? Due to disk activity - or the "Indexing..." text never disappears?

Hi and thanks for your respond!

It took just a night to get 60.000 files over. And the last folder I copied two weeks ago. It should be synced by then. At least some of the files right? We have a speedy LAN and 100mbit internet connection so speed is not an issue. 

About indexing. It starts from 1 MB everytime I boot up my mac and index through all the 600GB of files. That takes a few hours. It does not seem it is the case on the other Macs which syncs/clones to the same folder.

Cheers,

Tom

And I even tried to remove the folder and put it back yesterday, but the files appeared the same. With "!sync" in all the filenames. As it did not finish syncing. Had to put those folders on Dropbox for now as my team needs to be able to access them.

Thanks again,

Tom

@sommersethdesign,

If it takes a while for indexing on start, it's pretty normal taking into account the amount of files and their total size. If it takes more than a while (how long exactly?), it's not that OK. 

As for .!sync, there are multiple reasons for it, most of each will sum up in 'files not  accessible or changed during syncing". And it's solved by recreating the share with new secret. Remove folder from Sync, delete those temp .!sync files (make sure you have the full files at your disposal) and add the folder again to Sync. 

To get a more specified analysis, please write to syncapp@bittorrent.com with full debug logs from both (!) Macs. Make linked reference to this topic in your message. Thank you.