Btsync Slow Between 2 Windows Computers On Local Lan

abeNdorg

I have btsync 1.3.106 setup on two computers in the same lan (arrows show both ways so it should be a direct connection - on top of that I unplugged the router overnight so for sure it was running direct). 1 Win81u1x64, 1 server 2012r2u1, both connected via the same unmanaged 1Gb switch. Speeds between the sync (about 700GB total archive) is usually at best 13 MB/s (and this is even with advanced | disk_low_priority = false on both btsync with both restarted after making that setting). Indexing has long since finished so that is not an issue. If I copy a file via explorer from target drive on both machines I usually see consistent speeds of 30 MB/s. Would it be better to seed this remote folder manually via explorer & then just let btsync index & upkeep?

@abeNdorg, 

1) try also disabling "lan_encrypt_data" in advanced settings. don't forget to restart BitTorrent Sync after editing advances settings.

2) use predefined hosts. open folder settings (in BitTorrent Sync) and enable "Predefined hosts" on tab "Properties". Put IP:port of the other device there.

• 5 weeks later...

I did 1) disable lan_encrypt_data on both computers & restarted the app on both. That seemed to work fine for a little bit (still no better than 16MB/s though, however at least somewhat consistent). However after I came back to check on it 3 hours later it was back to being really really slow again. I restarted the app again on both computers & for awhile longer it ran nicely. I did this a few more times until it finally finished. The couple gigs every week that I have been syncing since once a week run, but still not all that fast. At this point both machines are now version 1.3.109. I will try adding 2) the next time I go to sync & will report the speeds then.

Thanks!