Os X Client Destroys Files

colesear

Hello,

I have bittorrent sync on OS X Lion and on a Debian ARM system, syncing some Excel Files.

Sometimes when I change a file on Debian and then start bit torrent sync on OS X, the changed file does not get copied from Debian to OS X but the other way from OS X to Debian and that wrong way sync destroys the file completely. It cannot be opened in LibreOffice anymore. And the changed file on the Debian does not get copied to SyncArchive.

So I have to find an older copy of that file.

This happens only sometimes and always on different files.

Does anyone else have this effect?

colesear,

Do you touch or open the files on Mac before starting Sync on it? If yes, then this is a known issue, since in this case Sync on Mac will consider its file to be the newest and thus sync it to other peer. I would recommend not touching the files on the device where Sync is off, if there is a newer version of this file on the remote peer.

As for SyncArchive - did you disable it on Debian? Otherwise the replaced version would be placed there.

As for not opening in LibreOffice, why exactly? Do you receive any error messages or somethings? 

Keep logging enabled on both devices and when you see this problem again collect full debug logs from both (!) of peers and send them to syncapp@bittorrent.com. In the message put link to this topic. Thank you.