Read Only Sync Does Not Work For Some Reason

Amr0d

Hello BT community,

I am new to Bittorrent and maybe this question has already been answered but I couldn't find it anywhere so please  be patient with me :)

I am running several webservers with wordpress blogs on it and since yesterday I was running an addon that created a blog backup in my Dropbox folder but now I want to switch to Bittorrent Sync on my NAS which works all fine if I create a folder on my server and then add the full access key to my NAS. But as soon as I add a read only key I get the following error on my NAS.

This will not share the contents of "__folderName__" with everyone who has the key because it is a read-only secret.

What can I do to solve this problem?

tl;dr: Read only doesn't work due to error above. Any solutions?

@all,

It's not compulsory that the folder which you try to add as read-only should be empty. You still can use the folder which already has files in it and add the RO secret to it.

The message you see (This will not share the contents of "__folderName__" with everyone who has the key because it is a read-only secret) is just the warning that the files in this folder will not be uploaded to other peers so that you didn't expect to see them there, since it becomes a read-only folder, as jasondupreez correctly noticed - a one-way syncing.