Blank Web Gui Ubuntu 14.4

Catsrules

I have broken the web UI on my Ubuntu 14.1 installation of Btsync, and I can't figure out how to get it back.

I was playing around with file permissions, because I have Btsync and SAMBA accessing the same folders, this was creating file permission issues with who owns them. But I figured it out, just as I got it working, the WebUI stopped working. I get a password prompt I type in my password, and I get a blank page. I have tried to reconfigure BTsync several times, I have tried to change port number and IP address binding, web user log in and password but nothing has worked so far. I even removed btsync and installed it again, but it looks like there are config files that still remain.

Any ideas?

As far as I can tell syncing works just fine, I just can't change anything because of the lack of UI

Thanks

Yes it was working before I changed permission, umask of files. Where do I go to define the directory_root? I am using the dpkg-reconfigure btsync command. Would it the very first screen talking about running as daemons and where are the configs? If so then it is /etc/btsync?

When I connect to http://serverip:8888/gui I get the login prompt I enter in my user ID and password and then I get a blank page. I have changed the port number and I still get it.

I am guessing it has something to do with permissions for the web server but I don't know where the web files are stored.