[Solved] How To Create Second User For Btsync On Synology Nas (Ds214+)

I have BTsync running in my Synology NAS (DS214+). I have a user set up and everything is working fine.

I want to have now a second user for BTsync (for work stuff, fully separated from private stuff) but I cannot find out how to set up a second user for BTsync.

I have created already another user in the Control Center of the NAS (Synology User) and it can access it's dedicated share for the work stuff. But I cannot with this user to logon to the BTsync web interface. Only the one user which I am currently using to sync private stuff via BTsync can log in to the BTsync web interface (but this user shall NOT be used to sync work stuff). 

I hope I made clear what I mean. If any one can help, or just point me to the right place I would be thankful.

Best regards,

Santigua

PS: The NAS is still pretty new, maybe I just overlooked an option... ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

SOLVED - The correct way is like this:

ssh into the NAS as root and edit the following file

/usr/local/btsync/var/sync.conf

{  "device_name": "SynologyNAS",  "storage_path" : "/usr/local/btsync/var",  "pid_file" : "/usr/local/btsync/var/syncapp.pid",  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "login" : "mainUser",    "password" : "mainPassword",    "login" : "workUser",         "password" : "workPassword"  }                            }

With this the BTsync service can successfully be restarted.

Then there was one more permission (in the properties of "shared folders") to be set appropriately and now it seems to work.

I will test it now, but looks good.

Edited by santigua