Sync Once And Never Again Using Predefined Host

MikeD999

I have configured a server host and am accessing it from one location using a predefined host using a read only key. Network wise everything is configured ok because when I set up the My Sync folder (on the remote) using the Read Only Key it updates identifies the files and runs a sync

a week later an application deletes the files in the host server and replaces them with a new set. At the same time an application on the remote also moves the synced files out of the sync folder

I expected the client to periodically check the server for updates but this doesn't seem to happen as the new files are never synced

If I copy the read only key on the remote end and delete and re-create the My Sync Folder with the same key then they sync again but fail again the following week

I initially had 106 but have upgraded to 109 and it still shows the same issue. I presume this is because I only have the predefined host box ticked and it doesn't do any periodic check. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to recreate the My Sync Folder each week?

Other than this it works well and is simple to configure

thanks for the suggestion, I will try adding a sub folder but I may have just had a light bulb moment

I only have the pre-defined host set up on the remote side as I was assuming that it would scan at the folder_rescan_interval to see if the host folder had changed. Is this correct?

the changes in the files are reported to btsync from the OS most of the times. the folder rescan interval is a fallback solution for the case a change was missed. i use your scenario every day and it works. maybe you have some wrong config? does the clients see each other in devices-tab?

it is always possible that I have something wrong in config but they do see each other in the devices and my sync and as soon as I recreate the sync on the remote they always sync properly. It just hasn't ever re-started when all the files get deleted and then replaced

I added the sub folder on the server as suggested and this was automatically synced, the external app then created 15 files in the main folder on the server and one in the sub folder

The 15th file in the main and the one in the sub folder then got automatically synced to the remote without me doing anything

I then re-created the sync folder on the remote with the same information and it read the complete list and started syncing all of the files, next week I will try splitting the set into smaller files so that I get more of them and see what happens automatically then

Maybe the problem is that I get no change in the contents for a week and then the complete set changes

I think I realised what is happening

The files that synced without issue yesterday were all newly created files

The files that did not sync were files that had been deleted and rec-created with the same filenames and size but different content so I would have expected them to sync but..... I had removed them from the remote end (remember this is a read only sync) as well so I suspect the file compare routine  knew they had previoulsy been synced failed to check if they were different so they were not copied again

If this is the case then I believe it should be changed so that if the remote copy has been deleted then it should be re-copied anyway regardless of whether it has been changed