Android Vers. 1.4.36: Often Crashes Or Hangs

leo

Using BT-Sync a long time. After the currentmost version from the App-Store on Nexus 7 (2013) Android 4.4.4 and Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.3 the app became nearly unusable.

(Backend by Linux x64 and ARM with version updated to 1.4.72)

Both versions crash often or hang completely. E.g. while watching the folders to sync the GUI freezes or vanshes while the background service seems to continue running. Sometimes I get an ANR from Android, sometimes not.

This is the first app that I have to forcefully end via the Settings/App/Force shutdown option.

Just another thing:

I tried to set the "Auto-Sync" Option for my folders, but that setting was forgotten serveral times until it finally was remembered ...

In my case the new Android 1.4.36.0 version repeatedly resets its state (looks like I pressed Back button or app did crush) if my Linux BTSync client (1.2.82, 64bit version) is on. Something to do with peer discovery, I guess. When I shut it down, no crushes. I'll update the Linux box version and if I'll get it fixed, I'll post :-)

UPD: I have updated my Linux version and it works stable on Android now.

Edited by d-v-romanov

No Luck here!

- Shut down the ARM-Client 1.4.72 as it looks a little bit different (Clear Text Servername and no Certificate), so only the 1.4.72 x64 on Debian Linux was running.

- Folders were in sync between my Nexus 7 running 1.3.21 and Linux

- updated the Nexus 7 to 1.4.36 from the App-Store

-> After some indexing the N7 claims all folders to be out of sync. But trying to synchronize in the Overflow-Menu of the folders told me "no files to synchronize" :-/

-> Adding a new subfolder with 750 files to the Linux-Server started synchronisation. But after a short time the Android Client froze again. Could only be killed by Settings/Apps/Kill App ...

Result: Downgraded to 1.3.21 on Android.

Hey there.

I cannot tell you about 1.2, 1.3 or early 1.4 versions. The only version I run and have issues with is the current 1.4.38.0.

But it's not "always" the app crashes. It's either when running for a certain time with a certain bandwidth rate or after having transfered a certain volume.

Let me explain.

I have one share containing 20GB in 4500 files and 250 folders. That's my music.

When synchronizing via 3G, my maximum speed is 150KB/s. I did that for 3 hours and had 1.5GB of traffic. No issue here.

When synchronizing via Wifi, my maximum speed is 4MB/s. The app holds between 2 and 10 minutes before freezing.

Having my android set to "keep display alive when charging" I can see the app just freezes. The bandwidth bar still shows 4MB/s download. When I tap the app and wait for a couple of seconds, android tells me the app is not responding and suggests me to kill it.

Is there any debug log to switch on? I'd love to provide you with some more information than just a description from the outside.

Regards,

Stephan.

-> After some indexing the N7 claims all folders to be out of sync. But trying to synchronize in the Overflow-Menu of the folders told me "no files to synchronize" :-/

I have the same with my Nexus 5. I'm a new user and installed all the newest stuff on Ubuntu (1.4.72) and Android (1.4.38). I also think that everything is synced fine, it just tells me "Out of sync"...

Thanks. Spiff.

I have one share containing 20GB in 4500 files and 250 folders. That's my music.

When synchronizing via 3G, my maximum speed is 150KB/s. I did that for 3 hours and had 1.5GB of traffic. No issue here.

When synchronizing via Wifi, my maximum speed is 4MB/s. The app holds between 2 and 10 minutes before freezing.

Having my android set to "keep display alive when charging" I can see the app just freezes. The bandwidth bar still shows 4MB/s download. When I tap the app and wait for a couple of seconds, android tells me the app is not responding and suggests me to kill it.

Is there any debug log to switch on? I'd love to provide you with some more information than just a description from the outside.

Hey,

got the exact same problem. Running Sync (1.4.75 / 1.4.38) on:

Windows 7 64bit (local network)

Debian 32bit (local network)

Ubuntu 64bit (wan)

OS X 10.9.4 (local network)

Android 4.4.4

I've tried sync with all machines and with only one Machine enabeld, but sync freezes after about 5 minutes. Only reboot helps here. 

I have different folders between 2 MB and 4 GB. The all seem to synced complete, even the apps says "not in sync".

Only my photo folder (13 GB / 4000 Files about 3 MB) can't complete.

I would like to provide additional information too, any log or debug information?

Regards,

Rapha

Edited by rapha