[Solved] Android 1.4.38: Problems Not Solved

Recommended Posts

There was an update to 1.4.38 in the App-Store.


Upgraded from 1.3.21 to 1.4.38 on 2 of my Android Devices.

After the upgrade the devices seemed to be in sync.


So I added a subfolder to one of the shares.

It contained > 6000 Files with < 200 Bytes each.


Both instances crashed. Restarted the frontend without any notice.

Then they left the background service in a non accessible state so that the devices had to be rebooted.


Another Device still on 1.3.21 seemed to work, but it came out that the sync was extremely slow - if any ...



Backend 1.4.72 on Debian Linux x64 and ARM on Raspberry Pi.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Tested with the 1.4.44 on Nexus 7 (2013) Android 4.4.4, Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 and HTC Desire Android 2.2:


Put > 5500 small files into one folder at the server (BT-Sync 1.4.75 on Ubuntu Linux) and synced all three clients simultaneously, watching the progress of the sync on all 3 clients in their GUI. (The most critical action in the past)

Then I put a 230 MB File into the folder - also succes.

All 3 "survived". The HTC is quite slow, but I think this is due to the hardware - encryption upon transfer is an expensive thing ...


The GN was a little bit slow upon user feedback while transferring (maybe something else as the HTC was still resonsible) that file. But nothing crashed.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.