SchmitzKatze

[V1.4.75] Hanging At Sending/receiving 100%/0%

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

It is good to see some response finally from admin on this topic - I am currently in the process of upgrading my main PC to 1.3.109 having failed to get on with 1.4......  So I am unable to provide any useful logs right now.  As soon as the 300Gb of files have re-indexed I will let you know if I am still suffering this phenomenon or not.  I am STILL curious to know how with the same secret/key/folder on two remote laptops that they successfully sync yet they are unable to sync to the desktop machine which is where the files were copied form initially - we shall see if this 'upgrade' :) fixes it in a few hours/possibly days time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick reply to let everyone know that my upgrade from 1.4 to 1.3 was successful in removing this particular issue (for now) on my main source computer.  I undeleted the program using revo uninstaller and then went to the two offending folders (one with 160Gb, the other with 140Gb of stuff) and searched for .sync  I then deleted ALL files with this in their names on the main PC only.  I then reinstalled 1.3.109 and resynced using the key from one of the laptops.  Hey presto, after 6 hours of indexing BOTH laptops are now fully synced to each other AND to the main PC.  No buggering about with settings, not messing with sync ignore or any other stuff under the hood.  It even managed to update files that were being worked on (on one laptop AND the main PC) whilst doing the indexing.  This Program is Magic when it works!! :D  Also to note that one laptop is still running 1.4.72 and it was a pleasure to see the GUI reporting complete syncs for the first time!!  I MAY even try .82 on this computer, but to be honest, the ability to see the devices and what is going on between devices in the devices tab on 1.3.109 is FAR more important to me than anything else, so until I get this in a 1.4 version I am keeping the check for updates box UNCHECKED! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

The issue is not as simple to catch. It never reproduces in lab "on demand", has multiple root causes, so technically, it can be fixed several times. 

 

I would ask users who suffer the issue supply us with debug logs - so we'll try to find out what happens and fix it. Please send your logs to syncapp@bittorrent.com with reference to this topic and your scenario described.

 

Excuse me, where and how to get the log? I run the btsync on NAS: MBL.

 

Also, how to downgrade the V1.4 to V1.3? I tried to copy V1.3 btsync back just now and the app doesn't start as a progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, how to downgrade the V1.4 to V1.3? I tried to copy V1.3 btsync back just now and the app doesn't start as a progress.

Downgrading from 1.4 to 1.3 is not possible - their databases are incompatible.

If you wish to revert back to 1.3 you'd need to remove all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders again from scratch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downgrading from 1.4 to 1.3 is not possible - their databases are incompatible.

If you wish to revert back to 1.3 you'd need to remove all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders again from scratch

 

Thank you. On my NAS installation, I didn't install, just copy the folder and start the process. You mean I should delete any associated folders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after a long weekend knowing someone left a spreadsheet open on their computer as it was reporting not synced, I shut down the offending computer and I am back to square one with two laptops unable to report correctly their sync with the main desktop.  Perhaps in my instance it has something to do with the fact that several computers have access to the data on the main computer and they are being edited on the remote computers, but being saved over the network back onto the one main computer.  This seems to screw up BTsyncs ability to sync.  For three days whilst the other computers were off all was fine, but as soon as a file is accessed from a different computer it seems all is lost. ALL files are synced - this is what gets me??  If they are all synced then why is BTSync reporting 134.8Gb with up arrow on BOTH computers??  The software has its knickers in a twist and nobody at base believes me!!  I have sent in logs of this error, I have sent in screen shots of this error, but all I get back is someone telling me it is MY fault - I have done nothing I would not normally do with these three computers apart from use them.  I know for sure that if I delete the software off the main PC and install it again that all will be OK for a couple of days/hours and then I will be back to both computers reporting they are uploading the entire file set.  VERY Frustrating indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.