SamD

Hi, don't know what to do to have BTSync working again. It stopped synchronizing?

Scenario:

1- computer C1 sync a folder F1 on computer C2 with RW-secret starting with D*** on C1 and ERO-secret starting with F***. Synchronization starts and ends correctly.

2- I suppress F1 from BTSync on C1 and add newly created folder F2 with the same RW-secret as before (F1 suppressed so there is no issue of two folders having the same secret). Both machines see each other so I expect data recovery from the backup computer C2. But nothing happens.

3- I suppress F2 on C1 and add back F1 with the D** RW-secret. All files are added but sync does not work any more. I add a new file for instance, and it is clearly added to the list of files to load, but nothing happens, although both computers see each other...

As I check the log files, I see plenty of "Merge: will request nodes for...."

How to correctly "reboot" BTSync? I tried several time to close-start it on both machines...

@RomanZ

All directories and files stay in place. When I say "suppress", I mean "suppress in Sync" that is to say, I press the "minus" button in the mac os x GUI for instance. Is it wrong?

Yes item 1 worked.

Item 2 failed : after I remove F1 from sync and give the same RW secret to another yet empty folder F2 _ using the + button _ (but F1 is still on C1), the backup on C2 was not restored on C1 (into F2). C2 BTSync-GUI mentions that C1 is online and that sync have been done: so it's stuck at item 1. That's it.

Item 3 failed : On C1, I remove F2 from sync (- button) and add back F1 (+ button) with original RW secret (starting with D), all files, which are already synchronized, are analyzed and added to the list to be synchronized with C2 but nothing happens.