affinity

Debian -- Old Stable Okay, New Stable Won't Work?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I've got a Debian 6.0.10 (squeeze) Xenserver running BTSync 1.4.75 without any problems, but when I copy the same binary and conf file to a newer Debian 7.6 (wheezy) machine, it won't work properly.

 

Old Machine:

# uname -a
Linux server-name-1 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Tue May 13 18:41:58 UTC 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

 

# ldd --version
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.11.3-4) 2.11.3

 

New Machine:

# uname -a
Linux server-name-2 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux
 

# ldd --version
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+deb7u4) 2.13
 

 

The conf files are identical for both machines, excepting the device name; all paths are the same, with the exact same permissions.

 

If I change the directory for the pid file to a directory that does not exist, then btsync won't start, so I know it is reading the right conf file.

 

This is the binary I am using on both machines:

btsync_x64-1.4.75.tar.gz

 

On the /bad/ machine, I login in the browser, then I get a welcome screen asking to create a user with password and confirmation.  On the /good/ machine, I don't see the welcome screen.

 

What am I missing?

 

Edit: Adding diff from sample dump config file....

 

$ diff btsync-1-4-75--sample-config btsync.conf
10a11
>    "pid_file" : "/home/myusername/btsync.pid",
13c14,15
<   "use_upnp" : true,
---
> //"use_upnp" : true,
>   "use_upnp" : false,
16,17c18,19
<   "download_limit" : 0,
<   "upload_limit" : 0,
---
>   "download_limit" : 0,
>   "upload_limit" : 0,
32,33c34,35
< //  ,"login" : "admin"
< //  ,"password" : "password"
---
>     ,"login" : "admin"
>     ,"password" : "mylongpasswordwithaspaceafterthissection more"
35c37
< //  ,allow_empty_password" : false // Defaults to true
---
>     ,"allow_empty_password" : false // Defaults to true
42c44,45
< //  ,"directory_root" : "/home/user/MySharedFolders/"
---
>     ,"directory_root" : "/home/myusername/MySharedFolders/"
> //  ,"directory_root" : "/MySharedFolders/"
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I resolved the problem by running an old version 1-3-106 ... it seemed to have /adjusted/ local storage in my browser, then I closed the old version and ran the new version okay.

 

So, there is a bug to fix here.....

 

Edit: Okay it wasn't local storage in the browser that need to be /adjusted/ it was data in the ["storage_path"] .sync folder on the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.