Invisible On Nas, But Visible On Clients

I'm running BT Sync from a Synology 1511, and when running with one client it's been great. But recently we added another client from another location (this is all internet, not on a LAN), and things have gone a little sideways.

One baffling thing I'm facing right now is that one of the clients has added a file to a folder, and I can see the file on the other client, but not on the NAS. Both clients are synced to the NAS drive. Not only that, but on the NAS, all the other files in that folder are not there. But both clients have the files and are matched exactly. I'm fairly new at this, and am a video editor by trade, so may be missing some technical stuff here.

Just not sure how the client computer/drives can be in sync with each other without the NAS server out of the loop?

Thanks for any help,

Arne

Ok, and this might be a really dumb follow up question, but suddenly I can't remember and can't find any documentation about it after restarting system...if running BTsync off synology, no need to run Bit Torrent Sync from a computer on LAN with NAS, right?Because we're just accessing the files directly from the NAS, not syncing them to our local computers...

arne