Latest Desktop Build 1.4.82

GreatMarko

For Linux (and FreeBSD) the webui is disabled by default for all interfaces except loopback (see link in change log - first message of this thread). This is for increased security.

Try running ./btsync --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888  to return to behaviour of v1.3.  You can set up listen in the config file as well. Consider the security implementation of enabling this.

Thanks for the note on this. Out of curiosity, if running on a LAN with no external visitors, what are the security implications of running the WebUI? What are the implications in general, especially if the WebUI has a password?

[...] On question, I have two machines that have windows x64 but currently they have installed the previous version, the bitsync x32 version. If I upgrade to the x64 version, will it keep my settings on bitsync?!

Still

Anyone??

Yes, you will keep your settings. You just have to uninstall the x86 version manually (without removing settings of course). I just tried this and it works.