Latest Desktop Build 1.4.83

GreatMarko

I want to remove an entry but I don't see any delete button or in right click context menu, so how do I delete an entry that I don't want to sync anymore?

In the main UI, click the "3 dots" icon to the far right of the row containing the folder you wish to remove from Sync, and select "Disconnect":

Remove_Folder.png

And BTS consumes 17-37% of my CPU usage when running, is this normal? My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Depends on a number of factors; i.e. your processor speed, the number of files/folders being monitored by Sync. Also, bear in mind that Sync is presently in Beta - it's therefore likely that further CPU optimizations will come in future updates

Hey All, Just a suggestion, but would it not be useful to have the revision number in the filename of the .exe ? I just downloaded the 'latest version' went to my downloads and could not work out which btsync.exe was which without checking the date downloaded first.

In the main UI, click the "3 dots" icon to the far right of the row containing the folder you wish to remove from Sync, and select "Disconnect":

Remove_Folder.png

Depends on a number of factors; i.e. your processor speed, the number of files/folders being monitored by Sync. Also, bear in mind that Sync is presently in Beta - it's therefore likely that further CPU optimizations will come in future updates

I am definitely missing something here, this screen shot shows in the 3dot menu the option to copy keys - I have just installed 1.4.83 and this is NOT on my menu ?? running win764 bit

OK - so I have found them buried in the preferences menu - if Microsoft moved all their buttons in the same way they seem to be jumping about in this program all hell would break out in the corporate world!

Hey All, Just a suggestion, but would it not be useful to have the revision number in the filename of the .exe ? I just downloaded the 'latest version' went to my downloads and could not work out which btsync.exe was which without checking the date downloaded first.

Use the direct links as referenced in the first post of this thread. They include the version number in both the URL and in the filename.

Use the direct links as referenced in the first post of this thread. They include the version number in both the URL and in the filename.

Thanks Great marko, too late for me, but at least others may see it - why are the manual download link ones not the same one has to ask?

Good news on my never syncing problem - I have now moved to .83 on all three of my peers. Doing this and adding desktop.ini and ~* and Desktop.ini (note the capital letter) to the ignore files in all three machines has done the trick and I am now able to obtain a full three way sync. I do have some other interesting things going on now that I will report in a different post. Thanks to all the team for their patience with my issues! I will email in to the team to tell them all is working as well.

why are the manual download link ones not the same one has to ask?

Because not everyone cares about the specific version number they're downloading - they just want to obtain the "latest" build. That's why the links on the main download page always fetch the latest build via a standard URL.