Ms Office: Don't Have Permission To Write To The Selected Folder

mbob

@colinabroad

Thanks for the logs - it will take some time to analyze the results

@BrianR549

As I understand your issue is not purely cosmetic - the Excel actually complaints that it can't save the file, right? If yes - we'll need Process Monitor logs first of all. You may use address suggested by @colinabroad or mail us at syncapp@bittorrent.com

RomanZ,

To clarify, I am not receiving any errors from excel in 1.4.103. I was having excel errors in BTsync versions prior to 1.4.103. It appears the errors that I am receiving in 1.4.103, are from the BTsync GUI (see screenshot in previous post). After following suggestion from colinabroad, it appears to be an issue in the GUI only, as I can confirm files are correctly syncing for me the last few days. I can also confirm that a simple close/reopen of the GUI clears the error, and I do not have to actually close the BTsync application. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same errors....nothing changed

To reproduce it:

use Access 2010, build a database, open database.

then use in the menu: File - File Info - Compact and Repair Database

or

File - Save and Publish - Back up Database

Maybe the Dabase should be no to small... my databases are 12 MB

• 2 weeks later...

Its really bad. BittorrentSync is a really good idea, but it seems nobody can fix this problem. So after a quarter of a year waiting for a solution i will say good bye to Bittorrent Sync. It does not work with Microsoft Office, one of the mostly used software.

To prevent more database crashes and lost datas i have deinstalled BittorrentSync and going to look for another Sync-Solution...

At the time to use BittorrentSync is not recommended! Its hard to say: you have to caution users against it!

Sorry for that, but after several damaged files, there is no other way....

Hi All,

I would like to report that I have had ZERO problems with accessing or saving my Office files since using the test version 1.4.10005 on my two peers.  I am still experiencing the incorrect reporting of locked files, but this is not stopping the 'back end' from syncing correctly.  I have also yet to experience the 'out of sync' issues from previous versions. 

The software is also still actively syncing about 4Gb (and growing) of photos/movies across the World to my Fathers PC in the UK (I am in China)  This is IMPRESSIVE to say the least.  Over the weekend I took several short clips on my phone - these were successfully up/downloaded to my PC here (via DropBox with a VPN) and then transferred across to the UK using BTSync without a VPN.  Some files were 500Mb in size - all transferred without problems.  Hopefully the fix that was put into 1.4.10005 will be released officially before 1.4 is superseded with 2.0 , it seems to be working for me!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent your support the link to download five days before. it was not downloaded yet. In a few days the file will be deleted by wetransfer. so please contact your support to download the file. otherwise it will be the second time, that i sent you a file by wetransfer which is not downloaded....hope i dont waste my time, try to help you fixing errors.

@lupus

Support usually processes new tickets within first 24 hours (except ones coming on weekend). I checked it manually and did not manage to find any incoming message from you or wetransfer for about last 2 weeks.

I've sent a test data by wetransfer to syncapp@bittorrent.com and received e-mail immediately. Could you please check:

a) if you spelled our support address correctly

B) if you get back to your e-mail any automatic confirmation from our ticketing system

In any case, I'll drop you a message from my mailbox so you can paste the link there.