Out Of Sync - No Peers Online

stefsegers

Hi,

i met the probleme with  1.4.103 (on NAS  and PC). The PC is with RO key.

I have notice, that files not synced on my PC are created with .!sync extension.  I have the "out of sync"  or  "no peer error" under the GUI.

If i delete the .!sync file, synchronization restart and finish.

regards

Hello same problem here, I have a synology NAS which runs btsync 1.4.103-9 and when tring to sync my wife's iPhone it works only for a few secs and then the status becomes out of sync. If I bring on the sync app on the iphone again then it starts syncing again for a few secs and  drop. The key is alo only in read mode.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Massimo

PS: I also ticked the overwrite option but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Do I have to reboot the entire program on the NAS to make it effective or just ticking the option is enough?

Edited by skywriter

I am having a similar problem.  I am using version 1.4.103 on a PC with Windows 7.  Here are my problems:

1.  It does not sync completely with a RO key.  In addition, when I rt. click on the RO folder in the client computer, I don't get any options for preferences or anything.  As the gentleman says prior, this is pretty basic.

2.  On the master computer on another folder (read/write), it says out of sync, 1 lock.  How do you tell which file is locked?

I sure would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Maxgle from CA

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think I got it now.  With respect to not seeing the option to overwrite changed files, you have to go to the folder line and  left click on the three dots to the right, then the preferences come up, and you can check the box for "overwrite changed files".

With respect to finding the locked file, you  again go to the folder line, left click on the three dots on the right, choose Peer list, it shows the peer, and the size of the file awaiting transfer. Click on the file arrow on the right, and it shows the name of the file.  It turns out I had an Excel file open in a window I had forgotten about.  I closed the Excel file, and it transferred it.

I still sometimes get No Peers online, but have been able to close BTS, then open it up again, and it works.  I will continue to monitor this blog to see if this bug is fixed.

Thanks

Maxgle from CA

When I look at the list of files to be transferred as the poster above does, it only shows me the first few files and says "and 7500 more files"  I can click that and it shows me a few more files, but leaves thousands unlisted.  Any thoughts on how to get the full list?

Also, I assume you are looking at the source file folders, correct?  When I list all files in the source folders, I do not see any .sync! or .!sync or any files with "sync" in them.  Would I need to look on the destination computers for those files to delete?  I did and don't see any "sync" files there either.

This is incredibly frustrating that a program designed to transfer files doesn't transfer files - and you guys are gearing up to charge me for this "service".  I would love to continue to use BTSync, but if it doesn't perform the most basic tasks, then it's worthless.

I have the same problem with Btsync 1.4.103 on a DLink NAS. It's just not syncing after upgrading to 1.4 from 1.3.

Could you please collect and send us debug logs? Thanks!

Hello same problem here, I have a synology NAS which runs btsync 1.4.103-9 and when tring to sync my wife's iPhone it works only for a few secs and then the status becomes out of sync. If I bring on the sync app on the iphone again then it starts syncing again for a few secs and  drop. The key is alo only in read mode.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Massimo

PS: I also ticked the overwrite option but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Do I have to reboot the entire program on the NAS to make it effective or just ticking the option is enough?

Same here. I need debug logs, for iPhone simply send a feedback - it will ask in feedback form if to include debug logs in feedback mail. Note this topic and your nickname in the message box.

@Maxgle

Do I understand correctly that sync restart helped you and now the data is syncing? If not - could you please elaborate?

Hello,

OK thanks yes it sync well when it is in foreground. Then I guess my complaint doesn't make sense anymore. Actually I chose BTsync because I was hoping it did sync automatically the iPhone once in the home LAN. Will the option be available one day? I would like to back-up automatically photo and videos.

Kind regards

Massimo

Hi all,

Just made this account to say this: the error message you are getting is very misleading. It said my devices were offline, much like the topic starter. Here's silly me, thinking it had something to do with port-forwarding like in the old days. But.. of course, it was just a corrupt file!

I found "D'Angelo - Soul Mate.mp3.!sync" 

Once I deleted that, all went well! Just to think all of this could've been solved by a simple, usefull error message.

Hi all,

Just made this account to say this: the error message you are getting is very misleading. It said my devices were offline, much like the topic starter. Here's silly me, thinking it had something to do with port-forwarding like in the old days. But.. of course, it was just a corrupt file!

I found "D'Angelo - Soul Mate.mp3.!sync" 

Once I deleted that, all went well! Just to think all of this could've been solved by a simple, usefull error message.

Strange, I had an issue today, with sync showing as completed, yet there was a large file on destination (RO) showing with .!sync extension, yet file had been removed from source

Hi!

I have an observation for the "Out of Sync" and "No peers online" problem.

(1): Synology NAS / Linux ARM version / 1.4.103

(2): Server / Linux x64 / 1.4.103

Add empty folder on server (2). Add read only folder on Synology (1).

A: Add files to folder on server (2). All sync fine to Synology (1) and reports "Finished syncing". This can repeat without problem.

B: Removes one of more files on Synology (1) which is still on server (2). Server (2) now reports "Out of sync". Synology (1) reports "green checkmark".

C: Adding files to folder on server (2). All still seems to sync fine. Status as B

D: Removes on or more files on server (2). Not the same as in B. Files moved to archive at Synology (1). Status as B

E: Removes one of more files on Synology (1) which is still on server (2). Then removes file from server (2). Server (2) now reports "Out of sync". Synology (1) reports "Out of sync".

At this stage I have to make a new folder since sync'ing will not be stable. Adding files til server (2) will only sync one file and only after restart of Synology (2) the sync will take one file again.

Hope this can help the de-bug.

Regards

@HavocDK

The issue you describe already identified - and will be fixed soon. Thanks for reporting.

Some tech details: when you deleted files on your Synology - Sync won't sync them anymore. Therefore, Sync on server sees that there are some files Synology does not have and does not download by some reason - that's why it shows "out of sync".

@Preston3

Do I understand correctly that you see com.apple.ResourceFork in queue and it never goes away from there? If yes - I suggest checking your file .sync/StreamsList and checking if ResourceFork is mentioned there on all your peers.

I've experienced the "Out of sync" error multiple times, all on 1.4.103.  Frankly, im just sick of it.  Im thankful that this thread has informed me of syncthing.  I'll be exploring this as an alternative.

I've had no problem recreating this bug multiple times and it seems other users have as well.  I dont understand how this bug is still an issue. 

• 3 weeks later...