Out Of Sync - No Peers Online

stefsegers

@all

Thanks a lot for testing the experimental builds! Part of fixes from there already part of 1.4.110, all of fixes from there will join official release later. If there are anyone who is using 1.4.10025 AND still have out-of-sync - please PM me.

@calvyb

Yep, send me logs. Make sure that log_size is set to around 500Mb to capture the issue.

@carloxp

1.4.110 is the latest version officially released for 1.4 major release. 1.4.10xxx is the experimental branch we use to check some fixes for issues that are not reproduced in our labs.

@markowe

Peer list contains only files Sync needs to sync. If you've got full list of your files there - it is clear indication that Sync failed to merge trees between 2 computers. Send me logs so I can see what's going on on your computer..

Been using BTSync from just about day one (thanks for the app, its awesome!) - and haven't had any out of sync issues.  Since upgrading to 110, now all of my folders are out of sync.

Have a pretty simple setup, just 2 computers.  The weird thing now is that if I add multiple files to computer A - only 1 file will sync to computer B, then the share will go out of sync.  If I close BTSync on computer B and reopen it, 1 more file will sync, and again the share will go out of sync.  I can repeat this over and over.

I have removed the folders from BTSync on both computers and re-added.  Same thing.

My biggest share (25gigs, ~37k files) is spread across 5 computers:

Home Desktop: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Work desktop: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Laptop: Haven't upgraded yet.

Tablet: Haven't upgraded yet.

Home Server: BTSync is running in an unRAID Docker, I am not sure how to upgrade this. My biggest share is OK, two others are not.

Will upgrade the others later. So far so good. Thank you.

I installed the experimental version, and so far so good. New files were sync'd almost immediately, and so far I haven't noticed any problems/conflicts.

Home Desktop: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Work desktop: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Laptop: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Tablet: upgraded to experimental. All shares now OK.

Home Server: Temporarily discontinued use of BTSync for reasons other than BTSync.

Happy so far. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am running 1.4.111 on win7, syncing with two linux machines. The two linux machines can sync just fine, but the win7 constantly shows "out-of-sync".

I don't remember having this out-of-sync issue across platforms at all a while back for the earlier versions. Now, this makes me think:

- Early version: no "out-of-sync" issue at all;

- Recent updated free beta version: "O-O-S" issue made it essentially unusable;

- The for-fee 2.0 version claims to have a new core and completely fixed this problem;

- It is super annoying to downgrade from 2.0 to the beta version.

If I am a believer of conspiracy theory, I would think btsync intentially planted the OOS bug in the recent free version to push people to pay for the 2.0 version.

I hope I was wrong.

@yidengchn

The 1.4.111 is the most fixed "out-of-sync version", although it is still missing 2 fixes that are present in 2.0 (and can't be back-ported).

- The for-fee 2.0 version claims to have a new core and completely fixed this problem;

"Out-of-sync" issue has a number of different root causes, which end with the same result: Sync does not transfer data between peers. We've managed to identify around 4-5 different root causes and all of them were addressed in 2.0. So, we hope that users won't suffer from this issue anymore.

- It is super annoying to downgrade from 2.0 to the beta version.

Actually, I don't understand what is so annoying in downgrade. At the end of day, all you need to do is to restore Sync 1.4's service data and install old 1.4 Sync. The 1.3->1.4 downgrade was not possible at all!

If I am a believer of conspiracy theory, I would think btsync intentially planted the OOS bug in the recent free version to push people to pay for the 2.0 version.

There is no intentionally plante bugs in Sync. The "out-of-sync" issue was present since early release versions (even pre 1.0), it just had a different name - people were complaining on "Sync stuck" and "Data not transferring" or "It shows data for upload and nothing changes". The folder statuses introduced in 1.4 just gave a convenient name which could be utilized for the same issue that goes since 0.x releases.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone running version 1.4.111 in a FreeBSD enviroment? I see it made it to the ports tree and I was thinking about trying it. But I am concerned about this 'out of sync / no sync' issue.  I am still using 1.3.94 and its rock solid, but that version is not in the ports tree so I have to manually build the instllation (more like a copy now that I have it up and running already).

• 2 months later...

Is anyone running version 1.4.111 in a FreeBSD enviroment? I see it made it to the ports tree and I was thinking about trying it. But I am concerned about this 'out of sync / no sync' issue.  I am still using 1.3.94 and its rock solid, but that version is not in the ports tree so I have to manually build the instllation (more like a copy now that I have it up and running already).

would be nice to have a response or two, to this. :)

Is there any consensus yet surrounding this problem? I've tried v1.4.103 and it did not solve my problem with 1xRW to 1xRO peer going into indefinite "Out of Sync" in v1.4.111, even with "overwrite changes" ticked on the RO replica...  will it work if I delete and re-create the sync definition for those folders under v1.4.103? Or does the 'experimental' build actually resolve this problem?  I would like to try it too - where can we download it?