Out Of Sync

lequick

@Finar

Thanks for quite representative picture! Can you please turn on debug logs, reproduce issue, collect logs and send to me?

@rossipedia

There are number of root causes bringing the "out of sync" issue. Some are issues in Sync and can be fixed, while others can be caused by your environment. This topic is dedicated to resolve first group and help overcoming second. Don't hesitate to share more details on your case.

@b0rman

1. Any files are shown in sync queue (see peers list window)?

2. Cool.

3. Okay, does remote peers has local IPs from the same IP range as your peer? If yes - it still will attempt to connect them directly.

4. I suggest checking that the ports configured as "Listening" are not blocked by firewall. Also, are there any mobile devices involved? They process approvals slightly different.

@Mutantx

Do I understand correctly that your Linux and Win peers cannot sync the photo backup folder between them? Or some other folder keeps to be "out-of-sync" when iPhone is disconnected?

You are correct the Linux and Windows folders cannot sync between themselves once iPhone drops out of the picture(close the app).  

In other words, the iPhone can sync with the Windows & it can also sync with the Linux device.  If one of the devices(Win) is offline when iPhone syncs with Linux - when it(Win) boots up it cannot grab the updated files from the Linux device. Error "Out of Sync" arises.  Only Read-Only as it is a iOS backup

-Mutantx

- Yes, Multiple backups only RO sync data.  Not ready to risk other data yet  :unsure:

- Yes on LAN

Test Scenario - Took a test image

1) Turn off Bittorrent Sync on Windows.

2) Turn on Bittorrent Sync app on iPhone 6 (latest app version)

3) Linux(1.4.103 beta) syncs files once synced

All Image files....

IMG_4668        <- Test image

4) Turn/Close off iPhone 6 app

5) Turn on Bittorrent Sync on Windows

Windows attempts to sync with Linux but results in "Out of Sync" - Current state of files in Out of Sync state

All Image Files .....

IMG_4668.JPG.!sync          <- Test image

Semi new development:

Win(1.4.103 beta) has been stuck at out of sync for some time.  The iPhone 6 App is now on(along with Linux 1.4.103 beta) and even with this peer Win still remains out of sync.

@rossipedia

There are number of root causes bringing the "out of sync" issue. Some are issues in Sync and can be fixed, while others can be caused by your environment. This topic is dedicated to resolve first group and help overcoming second. Don't hesitate to share more details on your case.

I have two peers: A Windows 8.1 desktop, and a OSX Yosemite Macbook Pro. I am sharing a single folder (~150mb), which is R/W on the desktop and RO on the MBP.

With 1.39 sync works no problem. Upgrading either/both to 1.4 causes sync to fail and "out of sync" messages.

Sent my logs with "Out of sync" to Your eMail.

I found that it was lots of "Out of sync" (even on LAN) when 1 external and internal servers were connected over 1Mbps (slow) VPN (Slave got Master's local IP from my another server in LAN). When I blocked BTSync ports over OpenVPN it fixed almost all, except one RW share - take a look, please.

@Mutantx

Sync actually should sync the photos even if iOS device is off - unless the file is changed. The fact that .!sync file appeared already indicates that Sync believes that picture hasn't been changed and Sync wants to send it. Its good question why didn't it finally send it.

Could you please do 2 things.

1) Try to add some folder on your windows machine with RW key. To avoid authentication, don't use Links - just open preferences, copy RW key and deliver it to your Linux machine. Add another folder on Linux machine with this key, and check if sync is capable transferring files at all.

2) If test #1 passes and files are synced successfully - remove these test folders, turn on debug logs on Win and Linux, reproduce the issue and send debug logs to me. Also note what is the name of test photo - we'll try to track down what happens.

@rossipedia

Thanks for sharing. If you are willing to debug - we'll need your debug logs

@b0rman

We got debug logs, thanks! Will keep you updated via ticketing system.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

We also have a Out of Sync problem. We are 3 mac (1 running Yosemite and 2 running Mavericks).

We did a copy of the files into 3 External HD and after did the sync. It has always be Out of Sync but looking to the files that we create or modify they are synced. So I don't know which files aren't syncing.

Thanks
Ivan

• 1 month later...

I'm also out of sync, across a windows laptop and a macbook.  by almost 70MB.  first sync goes just fine (just did a sync to my phone with both other "peers" online and xfered all files) but my mac is still far out of sync with my windows laptop, where the files are originating from.

this is on ver. 1.4.106

I have BT sync installed on 6 macs, some newer, one rather old.  All running OS 10.6 - 10.9. Early on, my wife's mac (10.8 or 10.9) went out of sync.  Last night i noticed that the mac I use the most is no longer syncing. Suggestions?  NOTE: I am not a real techie.

Thanks for any help,

JP

PS I am willing to test out newer versions.  I will turn on the debug log as well.

Edited by evansbunch

Hello,

I have version 1.4.106 installed on my windows 7 Machine.

All small folders sync to and from my android device without issue.

However I have a large folder of music that I am trying to sync to my phone and it is permanently out of sync.

If I add more files almost all of them sync across but is consistently has about 12 to 20mb of files that are waiting to sync.

On the PC it shows as out of sync and on the android it says recieving and there is a very small amount of traffic up and down

Any ideas?

I've tried every combination of restarting both devices and disconnection and reconnectiong the folders.