Advanced / More Options

Where and how do I make changes to the advanced - more options on my Readynas, that I can get to thought advanced / more options in a windows machine.

Ie 

• sync_trash_ttl
  • peer_expiration_days
  • disk_low_priority

I am assuming this will be in a config file and I will have to access it though SSH.

But where is this file? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a answer for this thanks  RomanZ

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/32509-latest-desktop-build-14103/?p=95601

If you have SSH access to your NAS - it's rather easy. List the processes running (ps aux | grep btsync), see which config file was supplied to sync process, open it and add / modify "sync_trash_ttl" option. This option is not available for Android version of Sync (and actually no files are archived on mobile versions of Sync).

Here is also a code with comments in : ( I am not sure is all the coding works on the NAS box )

{   "device_name": "My Sync Device",// If listening_port is set to any value other than 0,// than this port will always be used even if you restart// the btsync. Othewise, if set to 0, then it will be a// random port number every time you restart btsync.  "listening_port" : 0,                       // 0 - randomize port  /* storage_path dir contains auxiliary app files   if no storage_path field: .sync dir created in the directory    where binary is located.   otherwise user-defined directory will be used.   Note: this is not the place where your actual files are saved   for your sync folder. This is only used for the databases   for your sync folders and various parameters and settings,   log files, etc.      The default location on Ubuntu is:      /var/lib/btsync   But it may be anything, as defined in your .conf file.*/  "storage_path" : "/home/user/.sync",// uncomment next line if you want to set location of pid file// "pid_file" : "/var/run/btsync/btsync.pid",  "check_for_updates" : true,   "use_upnp" : true,                              // use UPnP for port mapping/* Speed limits in kB/s   0 - no limit*/  "download_limit" : 0,  "upload_limit" : 0,/* remove "listen" field to disable WebUI.   remove "login" and "password" fields to disable credentials check*/  "webui" :  {    "listen" : "0.0.0.0:8888",    "login" : "admin",    "password" : "password"  }/* !!! if you set shared folders in config file WebUI will be DISABLED !!!   Shared directories specified in config file   override the folders previously added from WebUI.      Note: There may be multiple folders defined in case you want   to include a number of different folders in the sync process.      The structure of the shared folder stuff is:      "shared_folders" :      [      {         shared folder 1 parameters in here         (copy paste the contents inside your current configand modify them to configure multiple folders).      },      {         shared folder 2 parameters in here      },      {         shared folder 3 parameters in here      }      ]   So, all you need to do is to copy the code block from your config   file which is enclosed by { } and paste it after   the existing one using a comma to separate them.   Then it is just a case of editing the parameter values accordingly.   NB. Make sure you don't copy the full shared folder block   ie the square brackets. You just want the block inside.      Notice the commas after right curly braces (},)   at the end of each shared folder except of last one.   If you don't include the comma, after the brace,   you will get an error.   See: "Linux - Multiple shared Folders in config file" thread:http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/20920-linux-multiple-shared-folders-in-config-file/#entry55290   *//*  ,  "shared_folders" :  [    {//  use --generate-secret in command line to create new secret      "secret" : "MY_SECRET_1",                   // * required field// dir is directory name of the sync folder.// It is where your actual sync files go.      "dir" : "/home/user/bittorrent/sync_test", // * required field//  use relay server when direct connection fails      "use_relay_server" : true,      "use_tracker" : true, // DHT is used if you do not want to rely on BT trackers// for any reason, such a security considerations for example.// Using the DHT protocol, btsync will broadcast the packets// to the entire net and all the nodes that have the same share// will respond with the lists of nodes they are connected to// on this share (main data folder or hash).// If you use DHT, then BT won't be able to interfere in peer// discovery for whatever reason they may decide to do it.// But then the other nodes with this share have to also// enable the DHT.// If you enable DHT and all the nodes that want to sync// with this share also have it enabled, then you do not// even need to set "use_tracker" : true.// But, unfortunately, the default configuration does NOT// enable the DHT by default. So, any unexperienced users// are not likely to enable the DHT, and won't be able// to discover you.      "use_dht" : false,      "search_lan" : true,// use_sync_trash means enable SyncArchive to store// files deleted on remote devices      "use_sync_trash" : true,// known_hosts specifies the list of hosts to attempt// connection without additional search.// On a private network, where which you want to sync between// the number of nodes with static IP with max. security,// you add the IP/domain names and ports for all the nodes// to their configuration files.// In this case, you do not need to use the DHT, nor to// use the BT tracker (set "use_tracker" : false).// Nor do you want to use the relay server", so you set:// "use_relay_server" : false.// This way, you leave the minimal footprint on the net.// Q: Can I force Sync to do local network (LAN) syncing only// and not sync via the Internet?// Yes - simply disable the Relay, Tracker, and DHT options// (these are per-folder settings). Sync will then no longer// connect to any remote devices (outside your local network).      "known_hosts" :      [        "192.168.1.2:44444", "10.10.0.10:55555"      ]    }  ]*/// Advanced preferences can be added to config file.// Info is available in BitTorrent Sync User Guide.// Here they are (block-commented out here):/*“disk_low_priority”: true“rate_limit_local_peers”: false“folder_rescan_interval”: 600“sync_max_time_diff”: 600“lan_encrypt_data”: true“sync_trash_ttl”: 30“lan_use_tcp”: false“send_buf_size”: 5“max_file_size_diff_for_patching”: 1000“recv_buf_size”: 5“max_file_size_for_versioning”: 1000*/}

I am also not sure if you would need to add a "," to the ends of the advanced preference line just above ?? maybe RomanZ can answer this?