Latest Desktop Build 1.4.93

RomanZ

@b0rman

I mean - usually permission denied means that user which runs sync simply can't write file to a folder as OS restricts that (either folder belongs to a different user, or current user has no write permission).

Usually - yes. But problem is that it was OK on 1.3.x and 1.4.x older versions. BTSync is running as nobody:nobody, files and folders owner is nobody:nobody, it's writable and if I'll delete files with such problems, they will be created (synced) again and everything will be OK. But after couple of minutes or hours there will be new (same or another) files with same problem.

Actually I changed version to older one and delete all my shares but getting same issue with out of sync but without errors about permissions and so on. Plus I got same problems on my Windows machines in local network :( Have to investigate it.

For now i found that when I add new RO share, it starts to index it and freeze after couple of megabytes. When I restart bysync it try to index it  again and freeze again but after more megabytes. And so on...

OK.
1st: I found that if there are files with some kind of ~ and $ in name - it will cause "Out of sync" on Windows. But it can't explain why files like WRL2260.tmp can't be synced.

2nd: If I'll try to sync data to RO share with "changes rewrite" - it will cause "Out of sync". Seems like it can't index files on RO share. Debug log seemse OK, but such index doesn't increase synced files size:

[20141029 17:36:26.081] SF[299F]: Torrent /vhosts/xxxxx.com/IMIT_Files/jquery/js/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-bg.js status:137 error:<NULL> meta:1 conns:0 io:0

As for me, RW insted of RO can fix 2nd issue case. It's a bit risky for me, but OK for now.

1st issue isn't critical (jusy annoying "Out of sync"), because all other files seems to by synced good.

But waiting for a fix, of course.

Have you checked what exclusion rules you've currently got in your .sync\IgnoreList file?

Default. Didn't ever change it on windows (1st noticed on Windows only, didn't check it on Linux nodes)

UPD: OK, I see, somehow there are different IgnoreLists on my Windows machines. Same IgnoreLists fixed 1st issue, thanks!

.DS_Store.Spotlight-V100.Trashes~*ehthumbs.dbdesktop.iniThumbs.db._*

vs

* Out of sync state here

.DS_Store.DS_Store?._*.Spotlight-V100.Trashesehthumbs.dbdesktop.iniThumbs.db

BTW, 2nd issue i noticed on 1.4.93, then I downgrade to 1.4.92, 1.4.83 and 1.4.72 (that one worked before without an issue or I just didn't notice it) but got same problems even when I totally reinstalled every version.

@b0rman

The RO share with enabled option "Overwrite files" can cause out of sync state only if it does not accept some files - like xattrs or something liked that. What are the OS involved?

@rockhill04

This usually happens when remote PC does not download the data by some reason. I suggest checking next things on your PDSSERVER:

1) free space

2) ignore list (if any of files from Mac on screenshot are gets ignored

3) if PDSSERVER is RO peer - check the "Overwrite changes preference"