Since 1.4.93 Files Are Not Syncing Anymore

roberthr

ubuntu 14.04
btsync 1.4.93
The files on the Cyrillic moved or created in the folder of the file system, not added in the "folder" btsync and as a consequence are not synchronized ....

Файлы на кирилице перемещенные или созданные в папке файловой системы, не добавляются в "папку" btsync и как следствие не синхронизируются ....

Edited by rootd

ubuntu 14.04

btsync 1.4.93

The files on the Cyrillic moved or created in the folder of the file system, not added in the "folder" btsync and as a consequence are not synchronized ....

Файлы на кирилице перемещенные или созданные в папке файловой системы, не добавляются в "папку" btsync и как следствие не синхронизируются ....

I have exactly the same problem! (у меня точно такая же проблема!)

@RomanZ: there are mostly PDFs, OpenOffice docs and photos.

I upgraded back to 1.4.93 and it looks it's syncing now. I will check again when adding more different files.

Edit: updated

Ok, so far I found out it sync photos, but does not sync documents. But that is not whole story.

I use encrypted home folder. Among other folders I sync Documents and Photos. Documents are under encrypted folder while Photos are on the other non encrypted disk.

Moving photo to documents - sync ok

Moving document to documents - not syncing

Moving photo to photos - sync ok

Moving document to photos - sync ok

There might be a connection with encrypted volumes? With non photo files?

@roberthr

There might be 2 issues related I'm aware of:

1) If your files are located on Linux PC/box AND contain some non-ASCII characters - they won't be synced. Issue is known and fix is coming in next build.

2) If your files are synced to Encrypted RO peer - they will be synced only once. Issue is also known, fix is in development.

Does any of these fit your scenario? 

RomanZ, when I noticed it does not work, I created new folder with only ascii named files. But the folder name had non-ascii character in name. Is this treated the same as with files?

I guess the second scenario means read-only (backup) peer? None of those I tried with does not fit in this scenario.

@roberthr

There might be 2 issues related I'm aware of:

1) If your files are located on Linux PC/box AND contain some non-ASCII characters - they won't be synced. Issue is known and fix is coming in next build.

2) If your files are synced to Encrypted RO peer - they will be synced only once. Issue is also known, fix is in development.

Does any of these fit your scenario? 

How soon should we expect new update?