Android Backup Vs. Readonly Sync,

swer

I am using BTsync for Android to save me photos to my PC and file server. I expected that if I delete a photo on my smartphone it would be moved to the archive folder on the PC and on the file server to. But instead nothing happen. The files synced to the PC and file server are not delisted or moved to the archive.

If I setup up a read only sync between my PC and my file server files deleted in the source are moved to the archive on the remote machine.

Why is a sync between Android different then a read only sync of to PCs?

Is their a why to setup a folder sync on the Android phone in the same way as on a pc

Why is a sync between Android different then a read only sync of to PCs?

Because it is a backup, not a read only sync. 

Is their a why to setup a folder sync on the Android phone in the same way as on a pc

Sure, but it's a little complicated because they oversimplified the latest app version (AGAIN) so people who know what they are doing have to work harder to get there. Because creating keys on the phone was too confusing or something.

1. Create a new shared folder on the PC

2. Connect the phone to the folder by scanning the r/w QR code

3. Copy the r/o key from the PC

4. Change the key on the PC to the r/o key (depending on your BTSync version it may be necessary to remove and re-add the folder)

I too am using BTsync on Android for camera backup to a PC and linux file server - which is great and works exactly as I want to too.

What I'm looking for is way to get the PC to use the same system that the Android camera backup does for copying over to the file server (for folders that originate on the PC, not the Android device).

I currently use rsync to one-way sync from the PC to the file server; just like the Android backup, files deleted on the PC are not deleted from the file server. BTsync's read-only mode doesn't behave like this as the deletes are replicated.

Is there a way to set up BTsync so that file deletes on the PC are not mirrored over to other devices? I can't seem to find a way to set this up on the PC BTsync app.

On android, you can export btsync configuration to a .zip file. Then open the .zip file, locate the file "sync.dat". It's in bencode format, and you can read it, for example

ruby -rbencode -e 'ARGV.each {|f| a = File::bdecode(f); puts a }' -- .sync/sync.dat

[/code

otherwise, use a hexeditor. The key is to locate the "READ-WRITE" key of the backup folder. After you get the key, go and set up a two ways synchronization between your smart-phones and your PCs. And forget the noisy backup feature :D