Sync From Mobile?

TJ Walker

You will need to set up the folder initially from a computer, and then add the read/write key on the mobile devices. Both should then be able to sync between each other, and the folder can be removed from the computer side once set up on the mobile devices (for now a computer is just needed for the initial setup). 

You will need to set up the folder initially from a computer, and then add the read/write key on the mobile devices. Both should then be able to sync between each other, and the folder can be removed from the computer side once set up on the mobile devices (for now a computer is just needed for the initial setup).

Why is this so? What if I have a directory originating on mobile and simply want to share directly with another mobile while I'm out being mobile. To have to wait for access to my other, bigger, computer before being able to share just shouldn't be necessary. When will this convoluted aspect of the UX be addressed, BitTorrent Sync?

@TJ Walker, @ChrisH

1) Sync never had an ability to directly synchronize 2 folders from mobile to mobile.

2) There was another feature - "Send / Receive" file, which sort of created temp sync folder to transfer data from one mobile to another - and then remove it. Feature was removed as it was extremely confusing for almost all new users of Sync and they messed up with QR codes for sync and for file transfer.

Also, both #1 and #2 are going to be addressed in future, stay tuned for updates.

My current solution to this is (when it comes to my pictures):

1. create a backup

2. sync that to my laptop

3. remove the backup from the sync apps

4. create a new sync from the laptop, add it as read/write to the mobile in the camera folder.

I'm guessing I'll like the solution once I get it up and running...